• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I miss vL :( Spht Skywing Grok and Yoni come back!!!

Started by :+:Sea!:+:, June 25, 2008, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

That's pretty much exactly what I just said...

Warrior

Quote from: UserLoser on August 12, 2008, 08:11 PM
b.net will be same exact thing, just new features for sc2/d3... they said they had a new improved battle.net when war3 came out ..... same thing. i'm pretty sure they mean the gui and how it all looks and interacts with users (everyday people who dont care/know nothing about the actual protocol/system will consider it a 'new improved battle.net').  voice chat is guaranteed to just be in game...do you know how abusive that would be and how corrupt it would mess up if ppl can broadcast whatever they want over battle.net channels via voice?  i dont think that's gonna happen cuz they dont want to get sued with a 13 year old playing his brand new sc2 hears some 15 year old call him a "fucking crackhead noobie" and the mother hears it outta the speakers .... voice chat in game only it would seem like, peer to peer where b.net isn't liable at all for that kinda stuff.

no they're not talking about the protocol, that'd be stupid and so much work to rewrite it all to have a newer improved thing for 2 games when they already have like 10 others to worry about, just a thought

Voice Chat would probably be as limited as it is on WoW. Moderators would be able to mute people, and only like three people could speak at once or something.

It'd probably also be in game only.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

UserLoser

Quote from: Andy on August 12, 2008, 08:31 PM
That's pretty much exactly what I just said...

yeah, i know.  whats your point?

Invert

None of you have said anything interesting after my post. Your guesses are boring.

Now, how about something like providing a special mouse with SC2 that shocks your hand when you lose a command center? This would be a great b.net update.  ;)

Warrior

I honestly doubt much will change, sure some matchmaking to keep the masses quiet but overall it will be largely the same protocol wise.

Still, it may spark life back into Battle.net which is always a good thing. If I'm not completely sucked into WoTLK then I'll give SC2 a go.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

disco

Quote from: Hostile on August 11, 2008, 11:20 PM
How can it not be a good thing? Battle.net is nice in the sense of memories as many people have more or less brought up but as for its actual architecture and design well... it definitly competed with AOL 3.0 back in the day.. lols

The most obvious solutions seem to make all legacy battle.net games (those that have came out up until now) to be decentralized like they did with Diablo and public rooms, or to tag all names like they did with Warcraft3, which would certainly prove a lame solution if they hope to utilize battle.net for both D3 and SC2. I dont they'll repeat the cheap fixes of the past, but given you can't change the old CD key system, they limit how nice they can be to the old games once those come out.

I'm still mad they got rid of Ladder.  And I had even quit SC at that point.

Quote from: InvertNow, how about something like providing a special mouse with SC2 that shocks your hand when you lose a command center? This would be a great b.net update.  Wink

Or how about repositioning your tower so the fan blasted you with warm in when a nuke went off?
Say it with me:

Spht

Quote from: Invert on August 13, 2008, 02:12 AM
None of you have said anything interesting after my post. Your guesses are boring.

Now, how about something like providing a special mouse with SC2 that shocks your hand when you lose a command center? This would be a great b.net update.  ;)

What, like a rumble pack?  yeah...that's a great idea...

Hostile

lols but how do i plug it in my mouse?

omfg wait!!!! unless were gonna play starcraft 2 with nintendo 64 controllers!!!! holy shit............. thats a friggin awesome idea that wont suck at all!!!!!!!!

oh wait..

fuck haha
- Hostile is sexy.

Invert

Quote from: Spht on August 13, 2008, 10:46 AM
What, like a rumble pack?  yeah...that's a great idea...

No! Like real electricity going through your hand followed by real pain.

rumble pack...pffft.

Barabajagal

Shock treatment! 9/10 early 20th century doctors agree it does something!

Invert

Quote from: Andy on August 14, 2008, 02:40 AM
Shock treatment! 9/10 early 20th century doctors agree it does something!

I'm not a doctor and I can prove to you that it does "something." All you need is 2 paper clips and an electric wall socket.

disco

Nothing makes a good starcraft player better than aversion therapy.
Say it with me:

Banana fanna fo fanna

i feel like we should all get together and watch the breakfast club or something. jesus christ this thread is drippy.

Sixen

So BNLS is not going to be updated, hmmm.. Ohwell, there's always JBLS and Hashing, =P. Of course i'll be here for SC2 an D3, heh.

Anyway, hai everyone. SC2 and D3 are most likely going to have their own namespaces, yes.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Mystical

well, I wonder how long it'll be.. before we can get sc2 or d3 on a bot, probley never happen...

|