• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I miss vL :( Spht Skywing Grok and Yoni come back!!!

Started by :+:Sea!:+:, June 25, 2008, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Quote from: Andy on August 04, 2008, 02:18 PM
No one's gonna pay for BNLS when local hashing and JBLS both work. Maybe try when SC2/D3 are out.

I figured they were talking about SC2/D3 silly :)

Invert

They = me, and it was a joke.

Warrior, did you make it or did you drop the flag?

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

electrostatistic

It is interesting to see where we've all ended up, but attempting to observe myself writing this, I think I say this every time I make a random annual visit... and as years have passed since I felt Battle.net "died," it's nice to know how things are going with some of the people I used to talk to.  After all, we are all humans!

Joe[x86]

I'm playing World of WarCraft, or as you called it, "Battle.net v2". :)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Denial

As some point in time people are reminded by what once was. Then it crosses their minds for a second for a minute for a few hours depending on the amount of impact it has caused. I still idle my bots on battle.net for no purpose except to idle. So sometimes when i come home every few weeks or so i check on bnet and then i might talk to someone or leave someone a random botmail but its still a bit weird when someone messages me on an instant messenger asking me if battle.net is still alive.

People grow up and move onto other things that are of interest to them. I can say for myself battle.net was a fun place to play with. As well as the games were fun to corrupt. I can say without question battle.net isn't the same anymore even if a lot of people come back it still won't seem the same.

Although i do look forward to people coming back when diablo 3 and starcraft 2 are released. Most people though have lost their old names which sucks but names don't matter its the person behind them.

Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Yegg

Even though people may come back to for those two games, I doubt it will be for long and it will probably be just for the sake of playing the game for a short period of time just for the sake of playing it. Battle.net's just been something that's been "used up", for lack of a better phrase. It's still alive somewhat, there's still people on here writing code for it. I keep up with their progress now and then -- it's fun to see where things are going.

disco

This thread is so nostalgic, it makes me want to download some bots again.  Well, not really, bnet has sucked for a pretty long time...

Can't wait for d3 and sc2, though.  Maybe bnet will have something of a renaissance then.  For now I wish I could play some WoW but I'm stuck on dial-up in Australia until the 22nd.  Oh well...
Say it with me:

Invert

Blizzard mentioned that they are going to re-work battle.net for the new games. This might be a good thing or not.

Hostile

How can it not be a good thing? Battle.net is nice in the sense of memories as many people have more or less brought up but as for its actual architecture and design well... it definitly competed with AOL 3.0 back in the day.. lols

The most obvious solutions seem to make all legacy battle.net games (those that have came out up until now) to be decentralized like they did with Diablo and public rooms, or to tag all names like they did with Warcraft3, which would certainly prove a lame solution if they hope to utilize battle.net for both D3 and SC2. I dont they'll repeat the cheap fixes of the past, but given you can't change the old CD key system, they limit how nice they can be to the old games once those come out.
- Hostile is sexy.

l2k-Shadow

I heard from an inside source that it's still being debated whether or not sc2/d3 are going to be on the same network as the others. i hope that's just them trying to confuse people though ;p
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Spht

Battle.net is due for an upgrade.  i imagine they'll try and focus new battle.net towards e-sports/tournaments and all ladder/stats integrated with the websites, kind of like world of warcraft

Looking forward to sc2 myself, not so much d3.  heard it'll have nice matchmaking system, and hopefully will be more reliable way to keep in contact with several friends rather than clans or the limited friends list

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on August 12, 2008, 12:21 AM
Battle.net is due for an upgrade.  i imagine they'll try and focus new battle.net towards e-sports/tournaments and all ladder/stats integrated with the websites, kind of like world of warcraft
They can do all of that through the existing infrastructure though, without too much additional work.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

I doubt when they say they're going to be making an "improved" Battle.net, they're talking about the protocol. Nearly all users will only ever see end interface/features, which is what they'll be focusing on. Voice chat, new commands and buttons, maybe some features bots have implemented already?

UserLoser

b.net will be same exact thing, just new features for sc2/d3... they said they had a new improved battle.net when war3 came out ..... same thing. i'm pretty sure they mean the gui and how it all looks and interacts with users (everyday people who dont care/know nothing about the actual protocol/system will consider it a 'new improved battle.net').  voice chat is guaranteed to just be in game...do you know how abusive that would be and how corrupt it would mess up if ppl can broadcast whatever they want over battle.net channels via voice?  i dont think that's gonna happen cuz they dont want to get sued with a 13 year old playing his brand new sc2 hears some 15 year old call him a "fucking crackhead noobie" and the mother hears it outta the speakers .... voice chat in game only it would seem like, peer to peer where b.net isn't liable at all for that kinda stuff.

no they're not talking about the protocol, that'd be stupid and so much work to rewrite it all to have a newer improved thing for 2 games when they already have like 10 others to worry about, just a thought

|