• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

26 Digit StarCraft Cdkeys

Started by Maide, June 16, 2008, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maide

So, as maybe a few of you might now, StarCraft can now login via the new 26 digit cdkeys you'll get from either the Blizzard online store, or newly shipped copies.  I've done a bit of research (Packet logging *cough*) and it follows the old login format.  Anyone have any ideas how the cdkeys are hashed?

MyndFyre

Have you *cough* tried using the standard 26-digit hash?

Since you can packet sniff and see the client and server tokens I don't see what the problem is.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

Er... when did these come into effect?

Spht

Quote from: Andy on June 17, 2008, 02:42 AM
Er... when did these come into effect?

Over a month ago or so.  they typically issue them if your cdkey has been wrongfully disabled/muted

Ringo

hmm, makes sence since they can no longer insure a given cdkey has not already been generated and is not inuse. I'm just wundering, whats the product value for the cdkey?

What I dont get, is how SC accepts these cdkeys, last time I installed it, there wasn't room for anything other than a 13 digit cdkey in the "insert you're cdkey here" box's.

Hdx

Possible that they simply have a new installer? But that wouldn't help people with older cds. Unless when they issue a new CDKey they also send off a new cd... [Never bothered to try it]
You guys know if the 26 char keys are in retail stores? Wondering if I should run over to freddies and pickup a new copy of SC for the key. [Never hurts to use for testing if ever needed]

As for the decode function. Exactly the same? Or did they move over to the wc3 function?

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

Ugh... adding support for this would be a real pain... good thing I'm never gonna get around to it!

iago

Starcraft's decode function wouldn't work with anything but a numeric key, so I'm guessing they're using the War3 decoder (Starcraft does have the ability to send War3-style keys to Battle.net, the function it uses is based on a strlen() check).

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Maide

Quote from: Hdx on June 17, 2008, 11:22 AM
Possible that they simply have a new installer? But that wouldn't help people with older cds. Unless when they issue a new CDKey they also send off a new cd... [Never bothered to try it]
You guys know if the 26 char keys are in retail stores? Wondering if I should run over to freddies and pickup a new copy of SC for the key. [Never hurts to use for testing if ever needed]

As for the decode function. Exactly the same? Or did they move over to the wc3 function?

They have a bittorrent based digital download now if you register your cdkey with your Blizzard account on their website.

Quote from: Andy on June 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
Ugh... adding support for this would be a real pain... good thing I'm never gonna get around to it!

Well, that's sure a poor attitude.

Hdx

Well, thats fun.
Seems to use the same exact function as wc3 keys. Just logged into SC using SphtBot. Which I assume does a Len() to determine it [unless it uses bnls where Im SURE it uses len]
Side note: It's a completely new cdkey, not tied to your orig sc key in any way, AE: you can login to both at the same time.

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

Quote from: Maide on June 17, 2008, 02:17 PM

My bot's set up to be easy to use... meaning it has a specific input type for each game. Makes it a real pain. Luckily, I'm sick of working on it, so it doesn't matter.

iago

Quote from: Andy on June 17, 2008, 10:40 PM

My bot's set up to be easy to use... meaning it has a specific input type for each game. Makes it a real pain. Luckily, I'm sick of working on it, so it doesn't matter.
Just another reason for faithfully following the original client, which uses length checks. :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hdx

Quote from: iago on June 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Andy on June 17, 2008, 10:40 PM

Just another reason for faithfully following the original client, which uses length checks. :)
hes referring to his config form. He has the input setup spaced out like the original installers.
AE: 4-3-5 or w/e it was

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

SC: 4-5-4
D2/W2: 4-4-4-4
W3: 6-4-6-4-6

Oh, and for reference:

26 digit key for Starcraft Anthology (don't ask, i dunno) Public Value:  0x17
26 digit key for D2DV Public Value: 0x18
26 digit key for D2XP Public Value: 0x19

War2 doesn't get 26 digit keys, and I don't know if there's a difference between SC and SC anthology...

idiat

Does anyone know if they haven't enabled new Diablo II keys yet? I get wrong product when I try to connect. Starcraft works on the same bot.

QuoteYour new Diablo II game key is valid for online play, and will allow you to download the game when that functionality becomes available.

implies that Diablo II keys are valid right now. Maybe not yet?
-idiat. Spell it right. No caps either.
-Mary Naivete, sound advice from a sound woman.