• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS updates?

Started by Barabajagal, May 04, 2008, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

Is BNLS ever going to update again? STAR, SEXP, WAR3, and W3XP are all out of date...

Ribose

Mm, probably not. You have two choices: JBLS or local hashing. I use the second one personally. :)
~Ribose

Barabajagal

Already do, and JBLS.org seems to have been taken over by x86...

MyndFyre

Quote from: Ribose on May 04, 2008, 07:08 PM
Mm, probably not. You have two choices: JBLS or local hashing. I use the second one personally. :)
Yes, clearly you're the authority... ::)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Quote from: Andy on May 04, 2008, 05:46 PM
Is BNLS ever going to update again? STAR, SEXP, WAR3, and W3XP are all out of date...

[00:52:17] (BotNet) <To: BNLS64> patchhashfiles STAR STAR_IX86_1xx_1152.mpq
[00:52:51] (BotNet) <From: BNLS64> Filesize mismatch.
[00:53:57] (BotNet) <To: BNLS64> patchhashfiles STAR STAR_IX86_1151_1152.mpq
[00:53:57] (BotNet) <From: BNLS64> Checksum mismatch.

i tried, not sure why it's failing (doesn't make sense filesize/checksum mismatches, i just think BNLS doesn't check if the files from the MPQ have 0 set for those).  Attempting to patch BNLS for War3 causes BNLS to crash and burn

Ringo

BNLS should support somthing like binary upload and a botnet "/setver W3XP 0x16" command as a back up mesure.
I'm persionaly still useing CRDB, 350kbish for all clients seems to be better than any clunky local hashing or BNLS downtime/random invalid versions. It's abit of a pain in the ass come new patchs tho, but at the same time it's immune to any checkrevision updates.

UserLoser

Quote from: Ringo on May 05, 2008, 07:51 AM
BNLS should support somthing like binary upload and a botnet "/setver W3XP 0x16" command as a back up mesure.
I'm persionaly still useing CRDB, 350kbish for all clients seems to be better than any clunky local hashing or BNLS downtime/random invalid versions. It's abit of a pain in the ass come new patchs tho, but at the same time it's immune to any checkrevision updates.

[08:50:11] (BotNet) <To: BNLS64> vset STAR d1
[08:50:11] (BotNet) <From: BNLS64> STAR: 000000d1 => 000000d1
[08:50:18] (BotNet) <To: BNLS64> vlist
[08:50:18] (BotNet) <From: BNLS64> STAR d1 - SEXP d1 - W2BN 4f - D2DV 0b - D2XP 0b - JSTR a9 - WAR3 16 - W3XP 16

already done sir :p  you have to set the ver byte individually, BNLS can't figure that out.  not sure what's wrong with BNLS's patcher

Ringo

Neat :)
Just need's to support uploading of binarys from those with authorization, to remotely bypass the patching process :P
I can't recall how long sky's BNLS has been out of date for SC/W3, seems like forever. :(

Ribose

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 04, 2008, 11:41 PM
Quote from: Ribose on May 04, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yes, clearly you're the authority... ::)
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out BNLS is never up to date. I mean seriously, it's not up to date with the current WarCraft III version, and a new patch is already almost out! :(
~Ribose

Spht

Quote from: Ringo on May 05, 2008, 11:38 AM
Neat :)
Just need's to support uploading of binarys from those with authorization, to remotely bypass the patching process :P
I can't recall how long sky's BNLS has been out of date for SC/W3, seems like forever. :(

Only yoni and skywing have access to do that, and iirc, although it would only require uploading the new game files, they haven't done it for a reason

Barabajagal

Yay! Now it's down entirely!

UserLoser

Quote from: Andy on May 06, 2008, 07:08 PM

yeah, tried to patch war3 and it crashed.

Spht

Quote from: UserLoser on May 06, 2008, 09:21 PM

Even when you knew what happens when you try to patch war3?

UserLoser

Quote from: Spht on May 06, 2008, 10:09 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on May 06, 2008, 09:21 PM

Even when you knew what happens when you try to patch war3?

hoped maybe it was just a glitch in the 1.22 patch and the newest one (from westfall) would work  :P

Ringo