• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

D2 Gateways

Started by Imperceptus, April 26, 2008, 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperceptus

How can I add my own gateway option to the list of gateways in the D2 Client?
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Ringo

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net\Configuration\Diablo II Battle.net gateways

Imperceptus

thanks. im trying to set it to point to my computer so that i can see all the traffic.  so far not so good, lol.
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

FrostWraith

You could just write a simple proxy that would relay everything byte for byte if you aren't already doing so.

UserLoser

Quote from: Imperceptus on April 26, 2008, 03:41 AM
what ringo said ^

Since I mis-read the first post...might as well keep this here incase anyone needs it:

To obtain a list of servers reqest the following from the server via SID_GETFILETIME then download if a newer one is out.

bnserver.ini
bnserver-d2dv.ini
bnserver-war3.ini

Yegg

Quote from: UserLoser on April 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Imperceptus on April 26, 2008, 03:41 AM
what ringo said, but isn't reliable if user doesn't have it installed

If the user doesn't have what installed? If they don't have the game installed then they won't have to worry about a list of gateways in the first place.

UserLoser

this forum needs to let people delete their own posts

Ringo

Quote from: UserLoser on April 27, 2008, 01:22 AM
If it's not installed, Ringo's suggestion fails.
Well, I figgerd it would have to be installed, as he said "in the D2 Client" :P
Then again, if the client (or bot in any case) does not support manualy editing of gateway domain's, and you want it to connect to a LAN or somthing (think hes trying to make a gateway/proxy-like server) then you would probly wanna edit a gateway to get it to connect to lan to download a modifyed server ini (with out getting into modifying the bncache to much), in which case C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts -> w/e.battle.net -> 127.0.0.1 or w/e  should be effective

Imperceptus

ringo was on target. did the trick for me.

Yegg

Quote from: Ringo on April 27, 2008, 03:15 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on April 27, 2008, 01:22 AM
If it's not installed, Ringo's suggestion fails.
Well, I figgerd it would have to be installed, as he said "in the D2 Client" :P

That's exactly why I couldn't see what UserLoser was originally getting at.

Imperceptus

I have failed in the same ways before and had to modify my post with more logical answers.  I have a bad habit of skimming or reading a sentence up to a point to which I know the answer, from which my mind quickly says "OH I KNOW HOW". And then I respond like he did.  Then I read my post(thankfully before I get flamed) and try to fix it. LOL

UserLoser

I misread first post, oops.  Didnt see that he wanted to add his own option.  I thought he said he wants his own option to strictly list the gateways...didn't make sense to me.  So yeah you have to modify what Ringo said