• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Age of Conan

Started by cefx-, April 23, 2008, 02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

cefx-

Hey,

Anyone else picking this up?  I definitely am...looks good, although almost a Crysis of MMO's for sure.  Still trying to get into the beta, signing up for all these contests and shit.
My guild and I are going to wreck some face!
Largescale pvp ftw.
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

warz

yeah, i'll be getting it. im just looking forward to the nice graphics in a new mmo. wow's graphics look pretty bad now days, and yes im running it at full settings.

cefx-

anyone have a fileplanet sub, get a key or whatever? :p
cefx
Future dictator

Invert

Let me know how it compares to the quality of WoW. I would jump ship on WoW if this game is what it says it is.

cefx-

You need a decent computer to run it.  Run it in XP.  If it's in Vista, you need to have a monster computer to run it in dx10.
It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL, but is the Crysis of MMO's.
I got into the closed beta :P  NDA!
cefx
Future dictator

Invert

Quote from: cefx- on May 07, 2008, 02:09 AM
You need a decent computer to run it.  Run it in XP.  If it's in Vista, you need to have a monster computer to run it in dx10.
It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL, but is the Crysis of MMO's.
I got into the closed beta :P  NDA!

Umm... the game went gold and is about to come out. What are you talking about NDA?!

NDA has been lifted.

warz

i think he means hes a member of the national dance association, and they hooked him up with the beta membership. :P

Invert

Quote from: betawarz on May 07, 2008, 10:34 AM
i think he means hes a member of the national dance association, and they hooked him up with the beta membership. :P

Well, in that case, he better not say anything about anything!

cefx-

ummm no the nda hasn't been lifted for anything beyond level 20.
we can't say much beyond what we've experienced 1-20 :P
i'm in the closed general beta, not the fileplanet open beta.
cefx
Future dictator

Invert

Quote from: cefx- on May 10, 2008, 05:28 AM
ummm no the nda hasn't been lifted for anything beyond level 20.
we can't say much beyond what we've experienced 1-20 :P
i'm in the closed general beta, not the fileplanet open beta.

Ok. So what will they do to you if you say something? Kick you out until May 20th?

Thats harsh  ::)

warz

did they ever fix up whatever you said was going to be a problem? the pvp system, or something? i remember you mentioning that one of the aspects of the game heavily outweighted the other in popularity, unintentionally.

cefx-

they've fixed the client a lot.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm going to buy it n try it.  Just one more week till we find out!
It'll be tough to tell, but the games success or failure should be known by the end of May.

The only concern right now is how buggy the endgame content - sieging, 24man raids, and player building/crafting - may or may not be.  We know their Q&A team is good, and that they have a lot of internal testers, as well as a large dev staff...
We know they're efficient.

On the other hand, their record with Anarchy Online is not good.

My two cents are betting on success - but I said the same thing about Fury, and it flopped hard.  This game has at least 20-30 times the number of people in beta, and waiting to buy it.
cefx
Future dictator

warz

yeah, my guess to be honest is that conan flops, but not as quick as fury. conan wont be able to hold people away from wotlk, or warhammer. i say conan has no chance against those two. hell, even im going to go back to my rogue when wotlk comes out. ill be wow all the way. ill subscribe to conan for a month atleast, though.

Invert

Last night at a b-day party I spoke to a friend who is in the AoC beta. He told me that he thinks AoC will flop due to a significant amount of unresolved problems.

I am in the WAR beta and in its present form WAR is a failure. Why other developers can't live up to the Blizzard standards is a mystery. Maybe we are just going to be stuck with WoW (as the best mmo) until late 2010 when World of Diablo comes out. :)

Lets just play SC2 until then.

disco

Quote from: Invert on May 11, 2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe we are just going to be stuck with WoW (as the best mmo) until late 2010 when World of Diablo comes out. :)

Don't toy with me!
Say it with me:

|