• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Age of Conan

Started by cefx-, April 23, 2008, 02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

Quote from: betawarz on May 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
i was focusing more on the fact that this game isn't just a grind session, like wow is. i played for probably a solid 2-3 hours, and got that far.

False accusation! From 0-70 I have never had to grind in WoW. AoC needs to develop a bit more, including fixing bugs and broken zones that don't work before I'll play it.

vuther.de

warz, get on AIM, I want to ask you some questions about it.

Warrior

Quote from: Invert on May 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
Quote from: betawarz on May 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
i was focusing more on the fact that this game isn't just a grind session, like wow is. i played for probably a solid 2-3 hours, and got that far.

False accusation! From 0-70 I have never had to grind in WoW. AoC needs to develop a bit more, including fixing bugs and broken zones that don't work before I'll play it.

What? You do know that "Kill X amount of Y" is essentially a grind right? There's no way you went 1-70 with no grinding.

Anyhow, I think you're right and I will wait before picking up Age of Conan.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

warz

yea. although it's an mmo, i'm still not feeling the open-ness that you feel with wow. it feels like it kind of funnels you through some storyline. ive heard it's only like this until 20, though. even invert mentioned it. so who knows. it's a kickass game, visually, and the combat system is tight, but it doesnt instantly strike me as something thats going to be over all better than wow.

it's like.. the game has all the big cool things, but is missing all the small every day use features.

Barabajagal

Sounds like a good idea if it's only the first 20, sort of like an introductory tutorial.

Warrior

A lot of MMOs are like that. LOTRO did it for like the first ten levels or something.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Barabajagal

Oh, alright. I'm not really a gamer, so I wouldn't know. :-\

warz

i don't know, either. this is the first time i've seen something like it. it's not so bad, though. you're still around hundreds of other people below level 20.

vuther.de

I'm thinking about buying it. I want to start getting into a MMO.

Invert

Quote from: Warrior on May 21, 2008, 11:42 PM
What? You do know that "Kill X amount of Y" is essentially a grind right? There's no way you went 1-70 with no grinding.

I don't consider it grinding when it's part of a quest. The difference here is that the killing X amount of Y's will end up rewarding you at the completion of that task beyond the reward you would receive for just killing Y's without limit.

warz

Quote from: vuther.de on May 22, 2008, 03:14 PM

if you've got the very minimum, 2gb of ram, and a 512mb video card, and dont mind running it on lowest settings then yeah... it's worth it.

Quote from: Invert on May 22, 2008, 05:04 PM
I don't consider it grinding when it's part of a quest. The difference here is that the killing X amount of Y's will end up rewarding you at the completion of that task beyond the reward you would receive for just killing Y's without limit.
kind of like drinking games...

cefx-

It's great.  I started...Tuesday?  And I'm level 32.  Mind you, I had some help/existing knowledge, so it may take a little bit longer the first time around. :)
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

vuther.de

Quote from: warz on May 22, 2008, 06:07 PM
Quote from: vuther.de on May 22, 2008, 03:14 PM

if you've got the very minimum, 2gb of ram, and a 512mb video card, and dont mind running it on lowest settings then yeah... it's worth it.

Quote from: Invert on May 22, 2008, 05:04 PM
kind of like drinking games...
Eh.. I only have a 8600GTS and that's only 256MB. I'm running on 1680x1050 resolution. I'm guessing that won't be good enough eh?

vuther.de

So is the game very fun? Very buggy? Come on.. fill me in on the details.

SNiFFeR

Quote from: vuther.de on May 28, 2008, 07:08 PM
So is the game very fun? Very buggy? Come on.. fill me in on the details.

just play wow on daggerspine.

|