• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

GTA IV

Started by Trance, April 18, 2008, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trance

So how many of you guys are grabbing GTA IV when it comes out? If so, for what system?

I wasn't going to until I realized that online multiplayer (a feature I'd be wanting for years) is going to be included. I've never been much for playing the missions, I always enjoyed running around the city instead. I'll be picking up a copy for the PS3 since online play is free :)

PSN ID: ieko

Ringo

iirc, it came out today for the xbox, so hopefully I will be picking it up over the weekend for the PS3 :)
Idk much about the online theam, but hopefully there will be "multiplayer gang wars" and stuff, that would kick ass!

warz

i think there's supposed to be! it's kind of like an online mmorpg lol.

Newby

Quote from: Ringo on April 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
iirc, it came out today for the xbox, so hopefully I will be picking it up over the weekend for the PS3 :)
Idk much about the online theam, but hopefully there will be "multiplayer gang wars" and stuff, that would kick ass!

Definitely comes out on the 29th.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

disco

A new GTA!?  How!...unexicting.
Say it with me:

Trance

Yeah it doesn't come out until the 29th of April, you can check out the multiplayer info at their website.

Warrior

Quote from: disco on April 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
A new GTA!?  How!...unexicting.

You should look at the changes coming in the new game. It's a complete departure from the crap that were the previous games.
Seriously, it looks so damn awesome.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Newby

Quote from: Warrior on April 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
It's a complete departure from the crap that were the previous games.

And it looks so good, it can call the awesome previous games 'crap.'

That's just how fucking amazing it looks.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

Quote from: Newby on April 18, 2008, 11:53 PM
Quote from: Warrior on April 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
It's a complete departure from the crap that were the previous games.

And it looks so good, it can call the awesome previous games 'crap.'

That's just how fucking amazing it looks.

I agree with this guy. It's like I took over his brain and posted exactly what I was thinking.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Trance

100% agreed!

It really is getting to the point where games look "real." I expect that in two or three console generations from now this will be the case.

warz

i can program games that look real its so easy.

Barabajagal

I think the only game I've ever seen that I can say I thought realistic was Myst 4. The rest still look like games to me.

SNiFFeR

I'm probably going to buy it for PS3. Looks entertaining to run around and murder an entire city.

Ringo

Quote from: Newby on April 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
Definitely comes out on the 29th.
Damn it! :p
they have been advertising it for the past week on TV, for the xbox and its not even out yet :(

Hopefully the game area will be massive compared to the older versions, and they wont waste to much space with large hd graphics/textures.
On the subject of looking reall, games only look as reall as the graphics/images used in the rendering. All the animations for 3DRPGs are normaly acted out by reall people with animation suits heh

Trance

San Andreas is bigger in size but I believe you have more places to walk into this time. I think I heard something about the scale of the city being massive so you won't be dissapointed.

What I'm really curious about is how the 360 version will compare to the PS3 version. My hope is that the next GTA will be geared towards the PS3 a bit more so that they can take advantage of all that power under the hood.