• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

GTA IV

Started by Trance, April 18, 2008, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior

Quote from: Trance on April 21, 2008, 12:50 AM
San Andreas is bigger in size but I believe you have more places to walk into this time. I think I heard something about the scale of the city being massive so you won't be dissapointed.

What I'm really curious about is how the 360 version will compare to the PS3 version. My hope is that the next GTA will be geared towards the PS3 a bit more so that they can take advantage of all that power under the hood.

With the poor branching support in the Cell processor, they end up at roughly the same. I mean, the gains wouldn't justify the R&D put into getting anything major done.

I also believe the X360 version will have special content, so it may be indicative of what platform they lean to.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Trance

Looks like this is really going to be one of the best games ever:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

Just hope Amazon.com ships it quick enough~ I was going to do "super-saver" shipping because I didn't think it'd matter that much to me, but I moved it up to normal shipping just because I didn't think I could wait until May 5th for it to ship! I want my crazy multiplayer glorified cops v. robbers now plz kthx.

Ringo

aw crap, it sold out before I could get a copy (at like 8AM this morning lol)
Somthing i heard on the news today made me laugh.
Hoddy queing up to buy GTA4, stabs a walker by.
The game is already being blamed for that. hah, that is, the game the hoddy guy hasnt even got yet.

Imperceptus

Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Ringo

oops, my lame attempt of spelling "hoody" -- if thats right :P

warz

Barabajagal

ZOMG! UNISPLOSHIONS!

Imperceptus

Quote from: Trance on April 26, 2008, 05:32 PM
Looks like this is really going to be one of the best games ever:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

Just hope Amazon.com ships it quick enough~ I was going to do "super-saver" shipping because I didn't think it'd matter that much to me, but I moved it up to normal shipping just because I didn't think I could wait until May 5th for it to ship! I want my crazy multiplayer glorified cops v. robbers now plz kthx.

But will it ranks over starcraft and counterstrike?
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Newby

This game is like crack.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Trance

Yeah it totally is...

XBOX Live: noctrancefe
PSN: ieko

Newby

XBL = Newby

The single player will occupy me until I beat it, though. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

DarkMinion

Both endings are pretty fucked up.  Story is great, this game gets a 10/10

Ringo

Got this a few days ago, I would say its nothing compared to GTA3. Big improvment on graphics/phisics/detail and what not, but still nothing compared to GTA3 on the PS2 :(
I can think of a list of things it lacks.
A very small world, no contry side hillbilly stuff, no airplains, lack of wepons, only 1 wepon can be held at any time (unlike gta3 where double uzi was the pwnz), no taxi etc missions, very short story missions, compleatable in aday, bad police AI, very poor game play, view-points that annoy the hell of out me, money that can only be spent on dates/wepons/cloths, only 1 next to useless airport, bad shooting from cars along with annoying control styles that needs 3 hands, no stat point stuff, story missions that a 5 year old could do in a handfull of attempts each, a story that works away from crime and not towards it, no gang related stuff, countless bugs, a feel of painting by numbers in missions leaving next to no creativeness for the player. hell I could go on and on.
There are some nice new additions tho, like the GPS, taxi rides, T junktion missions, and... stuff. :p

Im currently 61.5% compleat and its leaving me no clues on how to compleat it. I have tryed the extra Jacob jobs, Brucie race's, police most wanted/current crimes tasks, Stevie's find the car tasks, and none of them effect the compleation percentage.
The only thing I have found that gets closer to compleating the game, is when moving around the cities, I notice a red dot light up when you go past a set area, which gives you a little task to do for an old friend. Each one of those gives 0.5%, so if all thats left to do is 80 crapy missions like that, what a disapointment.
Once the story missions are done, there is nothing left to do, other than 5mins of fun shooting everyone and everything.
Please tell me there is gang territory wars closer to the end (like GTA3) or at least somthing entertaining.
Even the orginal GTA with the birds eye view had more playability than this :(

Does anyone know more about how to compleat it 100%?

disco

Just bought it yesterday.  I haven't played since I killed the guy at the bowling alley and scared Machelle off.  XBL = wubsy
Say it with me: