• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Self-Check: Are you worthy?

Started by Invert, April 15, 2008, 05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Valhalla Legends is a battle.net clan."  <----  Find the subject in this sentence.

Ah tricky, there is no subject.
6 (30%)
The subject is how to join your clan, duh.
3 (15%)
You're going too fast!
3 (15%)
Subject?
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Ringo

afaik, vL has been long dead on battle.net, even the acc [vL] has been dead on bnet for a long time as well.
Its got the best bnet bot dev forum I have ever come across tho.

Spht

Would be nice if [vL] on battle.net came back.  nice to have a place where there are actually interesting people that don't spam what song they're listening to every 3 minutes, useless anti-idles that go off every minute, or people repetitively/obsessively querying redundant commands on their bot all day long (.time, .uptime, .whoami, "hai you want access to my bot lolz").  i am describing diablo usa-1

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on April 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
Would be nice if [vL] on battle.net came back.  nice to have a place where there are actually interesting people that don't spam what song they're listening to every 3 minutes, useless anti-idles that go off every minute, or people repetitively/obsessively querying redundant commands on their bot all day long (like .time, .uptime, .whoami, "hai you want access to my bot lolz").  i am describing diablo usa-1
I hope it will a bit before Starcraft 2 comes out.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: Spht on April 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
Would be nice if [vL] on battle.net came back.  nice to have a place where there are actually interesting people that don't spam what song they're listening to every 3 minutes, useless anti-idles that go off every minute, or people repetitively/obsessively querying redundant commands on their bot all day long (.time, .uptime, .whoami, "hai you want access to my bot lolz").  i am describing diablo usa-1
SILC.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

If you don't like it, why are you still there?

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Spht

Quote from: iago on April 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
SILC.

I couldn't find a decent non-bloated client for it and have no interest writing my own

The good thing about [vL] was the channel is non-passworded so anyone on battle.net can get in, so interesting people and strangers often stopped by a lot, and anyone non-interesting could just be banned.  silc isn't really what i'm interested in as it's designed more for secure conferencing between pre-determined people

warz

except, there's more than a password stopping people from getting on battle.net. you have to have a cdkey, correct game versions, etc, if you're wanting to use a bot. if you're not using a bot, then chatting for long periods of time is pretty painful.

so, if about ease-of-access is your motivation, then silc or irc is generally much, much better.

iago

Quote from: Spht on April 17, 2008, 01:58 PM
Quote from: iago on April 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
SILC.

I couldn't find a decent non-bloated client for it and have no interest writing my own

The good thing about [vL] was the channel is non-passworded so anyone on battle.net can get in, so interesting people and strangers often stopped by a lot, and anyone non-interesting could just be banned.  silc isn't really what i'm interested in as it's designed more for secure conferencing between pre-determined people

I like the irssi-based client, although I also like irssi, so maybe that's why.

It's possible (I think?) to have a non-passworded channel on SILC.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hostile

Quote from: Spht on April 17, 2008, 01:58 PM

Probably won't happen until SC2 comes out dude... So far this year I haven't even been going on TFT to play Dota. Maybe if I don't go camping this weekend~ :-\
- Hostile is sexy.