• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

kp i've never gotten latest ubuntu to work with ANY of my drivers!!! -nt

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, April 10, 2008, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

ubuntu.. nooo.. i love apt, but too bad it installs things, and configures things, however it wants to without documenting what it does. and then, if you goto #ubuntu on freenode for some pointers, they tell you to goto the application's support people... but, those people don't know how ubuntu has configured it EITHER. so, it's ubuntus fault for being so good... yet so bad... i'd say avoid apt

Yegg

I've never had an issue getting drivers to work with Ubuntu. This also applies for wireless devices (mainly wireless network adapters) as well.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: betawarz on April 10, 2008, 11:36 PM
ubuntu.. nooo.. i love apt, but too bad it installs things, and configures things, however it wants to without documenting what it does. and then, if you goto #ubuntu on freenode for some pointers, they tell you to goto the application's support people... but, those people don't know how ubuntu has configured it EITHER. so, it's ubuntus fault for being so good... yet so bad... i'd say avoid apt

Apparently they don't like you. This has never occurred with me.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

warz

Banana fanna fo fanna

let me clarify:
not a single printer has ever worked, not a single wifi card has ever worked. most graphics cards have worked as well as most sound cards. sound cards have worked out of the box while i had to compile most video card drivers. most usb devices have not worked.

warz

have you tried debian/ubuntu? theyre both good with drivers. everything worked out of the box for me with ubuntu.

Yegg

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

K

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on April 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
let me clarify:
not a single printer has ever worked, not a single wifi card has ever worked. most graphics cards have worked as well as most sound cards. sound cards have worked out of the box while i had to compile most video card drivers. most usb devices have not worked.

If, the latest version of Ubuntu has failed to work with any of your hardware as you describe, you must have some of the shittiest, non-name brand hardware out there.

I find it far more likely that you're just trying to troll.

Warrior

Quote from: K on April 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on April 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
let me clarify:

If, the latest version of Ubuntu has failed to work with any of your hardware as you describe, you must have some of the shittiest, non-name brand hardware out there.

I find it far more likely that you're just trying to troll.

He just stated that WiFi doesn't work (A known weakpoint in Linux's driver support) and some USB devices don't work..it seems pretty plausible to me.

I think the key issue here is Out of the Box Support, and 2D/3D acceleration on Linux is hackish at best for some cards.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?