• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

VB - C library error

Started by l2k-Shadow, March 12, 2008, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2k-Shadow

So I compiled a C library in visual studio 2005 and everything was fine. However, on certain operating systems (windows server 2003) for instance, When my visual basic 6 application tries to call the dll, it pops up error saying that the library was not found - and yes it is there. I tried countless things to fix it such as moving the library to the system32 folder, installing all possible run time files i could think of, patching both the vs 2005 and vb6 compilers, etc... but it still doesn't work.  Again note that this error doesn't occur all the time, only on a few select operating systems and/or computers. Did anyone ever run into something like this before?
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

l2k-Shadow

well i decided to recompile the library in visual studio 6 and everything works.

still, weird how incompatible vs 2005 is.
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

MyndFyre

Almost certainly you have a missing dependency.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 13, 2008, 02:21 AM
Almost certainly you have a missing dependency.

I installed all the possible ones i could think of. I guess i must be missing something though. oh well.

FrostWraith

I ran into a problem similar to this a while back as well.  What happened was that when I executed my VB code (not running a compiled version), it crashed.  But when I actually compiled my VB and made an executable file and ran it, it worked.  One of the many reasons I left VB....

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: FrostWraith on March 13, 2008, 11:21 AM
I ran into a problem similar to this a while back as well.  What happened was that when I executed my VB code (not running a compiled version), it crashed.  But when I actually compiled my VB and made an executable file and ran it, it worked.  One of the many reasons I left VB....

lol without compiling i get Bad DLL Calling Convention error.. WITH compiling, i got the file not found error. Yeah I don't code much in VB anymore, but i'm not gonna rewrite some of my old stuff in something better.

warz

the debugger does not run the application out of the same directory that the default compiled executables are placed. this is a possible reason for frostwraith and shadow's troubles. if you leave a language because of issues like this, they're likely to follow you to your new language.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: betawarz on March 13, 2008, 12:03 PM
the debugger does not run the application out of the same directory that the default compiled executables are placed. this is a possible reason for frostwraith and shadow's troubles. if you leave a language because of issues like this, they're likely to follow you to your new language.

nah, i put all the files into the folder of the IDE as well - same thing.