• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Windows XP SP3

Started by Barabajagal, March 11, 2008, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

Well, for those of us still on Windows XP (Meaning most everyone on the internets), Service Pack 3 is swiftly approaching release. Until then, Release Candidate 2 has been released. Having installed RC1, I can suggest all XP users get this, as it improved the startup time of Windows by about half the time it used to take.

Release notes can be found here

MyndFyre

Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
(Meaning most everyone on the internets)

From my website stats tracker:

1.    Windows XP 52.80%
2.    Unknown Windows 23.73%
3.    Windows 2000 4.28%
4.    Windows 98 3.64%
5.    Windows NT 0.11%
6.    Windows 95 0.01%
7.    Windows ME 0.05%
8.    Windows CE 0.03%
  OS unknown 12.18%
  Unix 1.95%
9.    Linux 1.94%
10.    BSD 0.01%
  Macintosh 1.00%
  Known robots 0.23%

Unknown Windows means Vista. :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Spht

My site's stats:

1. Windows          98.33%
    1. XP               84.40%    
    2. Vista            13.99%
    3. Server 2003      1.04%
    4. 98               0.29%
    5. 2000             0.20%
    6. ME               0.07%

2. Macintosh         1.20%
    1. PPC              71.64%    
    2. Intel            28.36%

3. Linux             0.43%

4. (not set)         0.02%

5. iPod              0.02%

Barabajagal

Spht

Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Vista's market share grew more in a few months than mac did in 5 years.  also, xp seems to have reached a peak to which it is now declining.  in a few years expect vista to have as much if not more than xp's share

Warrior

Quote from: Spht on March 11, 2008, 05:30 PM

Vista's market share grew more in a few months than mac did in 5 years.  also, xp seems to have reached a peak to which it is now declining.  in a few years expect vista to have as much if not more than xp's share

Try one week. It sold more copies in it's first week than there are users of OSX on the planet.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on March 11, 2008, 06:26 PM

Try one week. It sold more copies in it's first week than there are users of OSX on the planet.
Source?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

Sold more copies... You're talking about all the prebuilt comp companies that push anything MS releases by contract?

iago

Heh, I know people who bought a new computer, and then bought XP and had the store install it. So totally lame!

But anyways.....
Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
(Meaning most everyone on the internets)

Hmm:
ron@slayer:~$ uname -a
Linux slayer 2.6.21.5-smp #2 SMP Tue Jun 19 14:58:11 CDT 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Looks like an outdated Linux OS to me. :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Newby

I run Linux but I spoof my user agent to say Windows Vista. Mwhahaha.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Barabajagal

I think that's why MS started offering free downgrades to XP...

And what?

iago

Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2008, 07:47 PM
I think that's why MS started offering free downgrades to XP...

And what?
Where do you get that from? I haven't heard anything about MS offering that, but I don't get a lot of news.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

iCe

from what I was told. You can downgrade from Vista to XP only from dell, as customers didnt like being forced into vista.

Warrior

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 11, 2008, 06:30 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 11, 2008, 06:30 PM

Source?

Source?

I seem to have misspoken, the correct figure is half of the install base of OSX.

Marketshare at the time for OSX was 5% and total marketshare for Vista after one week was ~2-3% after a 60% surge in PC sales.

I had a link that explained it all nice but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Warrior

Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2008, 06:59 PM
Sold more copies... You're talking about all the prebuilt comp companies that push anything MS releases by contract?

The same companies that allow you to get Linux as an OEM package as well. OSX is not really an option due to the locked down nature of Apple.