Rudimentary Warden information

Started by iago, February 28, 2008, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Racial

Quote from: iago on November 08, 2008, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Racial on November 05, 2008, 07:07 PM
Quote from: Don Cullen on November 05, 2008, 05:41 PM
Quote from: Racial on November 05, 2008, 04:04 PMcan someone please give me a hint in the direction to opening mod files?

IDA Pro Disassembler.

http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/idadown.htm

I think.
thanks i got it, but it is confusing of where the hell to start off and do i use the hex mode? i've looked for FF 5E if thats the header even indicated in the module.

You might want to get a book on reverse engineering (or look at the tutorial on my wiki) before you attempt this. You're in way over your head.

kk thanks, just wanted to see what everything was about, seems pretty retarded searching through bytes and bytes of assembly :/

Pyro

Well, if it's the only way to beat Warden, someone's gotta do it.  ;)

Yegg

Quote from: Pyro on November 09, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well, if it's the only way to beat Warden, someone's gotta do it.  ;)

There will be a solution soon enough.

Barabajagal

Yegg

Quote from: Andy on November 09, 2008, 05:20 PM
Who's working on it?

If that's directed toward what I said then it doesn't matter. Someone somewhere is probably working on it. Someone may already have a solution but hasn't released anything (ie. code, hints, etc.). Someone or more than one person always starts attempting to solve things like this almost right away.

Mystical

Quote from: Yegg on November 09, 2008, 06:14 PM
Quote from: Andy on November 09, 2008, 05:20 PM
Who's working on it?

If that's directed toward what I said then it doesn't matter. Someone somewhere is probably working on it. Someone may already have a solution but hasn't released anything (ie. code, hints, etc.). Someone or more than one person always starts attempting to solve things like this almost right away.

probley rob & iago is most lilkley.

the only thing now is to wait and see if they'll be kind enuff to release it to the public, in some ways thats good for some of us that don't abuse this for load bots, then its bad when it gets into the hands of the wrong people that cause these patchs to consume more time and waste more peoples lives. :P

Barabajagal

Should I not release an easy to use DLL this time?

Mystical

Quote from: Andy on November 09, 2008, 11:24 PM
Should I not release an easy to use DLL this time?

uhm, well its your option, but i'd only say release it to those you know wont do bad with it?

I just dropped the whole thing in my project because i didn't want a external DLL.

iago

Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 09, 2008, 10:52 PM
Sure ain't, at least, not at the moment.

Someday when I get bored, though, if nobody else has done it I'll do it.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Racial

Quote from: iago on November 09, 2008, 11:50 PM
Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 09, 2008, 10:52 PM
Sure ain't, at least, not at the moment.

Someday when I get bored, though, if nobody else has done it I'll do it.

I think Rob already cracked warden, or atleast a bypass to it. Thats what i've heard.

Pyro

I think something like this should be left in the same way as most of the game protocols are. The information on how to do it is available, but you actually have to make an effort to implement it, not just do something as simple as using a DLL.

Barabajagal

So I should make my DLL require the Hash Files like it used to? XD

Mystical

Quote from: Andy on November 10, 2008, 07:01 PM

what do you mean by that?

Barabajagal

I was joking... but my DLL used to require Starcraft.exe to get the values requested in 0x02 from, instead of having the correct responses hardcoded.

Dale

Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
Quote from: Andy on November 10, 2008, 07:01 PM

what do you mean by that?

Don't you recall the first revision Andy wrote of his DLL needed a few extra DLL's to run?

I think one was like RSA.dll? It contained a few hashing functions, (I hardly remember so correct me if I'm wrong)

Edit: Meh. Andy replied ^^

|