• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[C#] 0x51 Packet (Format?) Issue

Started by Rndom, February 19, 2008, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
It also doesn't use a restrictive license like GPL, so you don't even need to give the author credit.  Who knew?

Sounds like a true badass wrote this library. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Newby on February 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
It also doesn't use a restrictive license like GPL, so you don't even need to give the author credit.  Who knew?

Sounds like a true badass wrote this library. :)
LOL
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 21, 2008, 11:09 AMIt also doesn't use a restrictive license like GPL, so you don't even need to give the author credit.

Where in the GPL does it say that you must include a statement giving credit to the author of the GPL-covered work?  The closest I can find is that you can't remove the copyright statement on the copy of the covered work.  Perhaps you were thinking of a restrictive license like BSD-with-attribution, which requires a statement of attribution to the Berkeley regents.

Also, which GPL did you mean?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Smarter

I had the same problem I had to have it call the next packet at the end of sending the next, So like

public void 0x0aSend()
{
    //Stuff
    0x0bSend();
}
public void 0x0bSend()...etc.
Since '99

BrutalNet.Net

MyndFyre

Quote from: Kp on February 23, 2008, 07:55 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 21, 2008, 11:09 AMIt also doesn't use a restrictive license like GPL, so you don't even need to give the author credit.

Where in the GPL does it say that you must include a statement giving credit to the author of the GPL-covered work?  The closest I can find is that you can't remove the copyright statement on the copy of the covered work.  Perhaps you were thinking of a restrictive license like BSD-with-attribution, which requires a statement of attribution to the Berkeley regents.

Quote from: GPLv21. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty;

GPL requires that the source code be made available, and source code must include verbatim copyright notices and disclaimers of warranty.

When I refer to restrictive copyleft I am almost always referring to the GPL, not variants like LGPL.  That is true in this case.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 12, 2008, 01:35 AM

Quote from: GPLv21. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty;

GPL requires that the source code be made available, and source code must include verbatim copyright notices and disclaimers of warranty.

To me, "giving credit" implies a requirement to actively advertise that you're using their work.  That part of the GPL is the one I mentioned, and it only requires that the covered works bear the relevant copyright and warranty disclaimer.  In contrast, the BSD-with-attribution requires that that your documentation actively advertise that you have included software covered by that license.

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 12, 2008, 01:35 AM
When I refer to restrictive copyleft I am almost always referring to the GPL, not variants like LGPL.  That is true in this case.

You missed the point of my question.  I didn't mean LGPL vs. GPL, but which version of GPL.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!