• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

marijuana: to be legal or not?

Started by UserLoser, January 12, 2008, 03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Quote from: Ringo on January 15, 2008, 03:53 AM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17260.msg175801#msg175801 date=1200332075]
Quote from: brew on January 12, 2008, 09:26 PM
Drug users tend to believe that they are oh-so much smarter then they really are, for the most part.

I see what you did there.
making software able to self-smarted its self. ;)

I see what you did there :)

No, but really, back on topic.

I believe what Ringo is saying, he's definitely thinking outside the box, I to really believe our minds are capable of some really, phenomenal things but we really haven't even reached the half out it yet. Imagine, if marijuana was legal? I think you'd gradually start to see a incline in the united states educational status. I think we'd develop greater and more fascinating machines. The affects of drugs are truly amazing and whether everyone believes it or not, they do help with tasks that don't necessarily revolve around partying.

brew

I have been trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6, but its slow ongoing progress, making the software generate, learn and test many algorithms to compare new infomation with old, as well as learning/testing its own way of storing them. Basicly working on making software able to self-smarted its self.

Of course heruistics would be slow in VB6. Use C.
As for your theory itself, why would you want software to think the way we do? Sure, there is a great deal of potential, but in the process your software inherits the greatest problem of all: ourselves.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Dale

Quote from: brew on January 15, 2008, 07:39 AM
I have been trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6, but its slow ongoing progress, making the software generate, learn and test many algorithms to compare new infomation with old, as well as learning/testing its own way of storing them. Basicly working on making software able to self-smarted its self.

As for your theory itself, why would you want software to think the way we do? Sure, there is a great deal of potential, but in the process your software inherits the greatest problem of all: ourselves.

What are you talking about? lol

brew

Quote from: Dale on January 15, 2008, 08:38 AM

What are you talking about? lol
Can you not read ringo's post....?
<3 Zorm

Spht

Quote from: brew on January 15, 2008, 10:50 AM
Can you not read ringo's post....?

I think he was referring to your post, not ringo's

brew

I don't get what's so hard to understand. Ringo was talking about "trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6" which obviously is refering to software heruistics, and it shows he's trying to create some form of AI. This is why I said, why would he want it to emulate OUR minds? our minds are far from ideal.
<3 Zorm

Dale

Quote from: brew on January 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
I don't get what's so hard to understand. Ringo was talking about "trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6" which obviously is refering to software heruistics, and it shows he's trying to create some form of AI. This is why I said, why would he want it to emulate OUR minds? our minds are far from ideal.

Two things, 1). I don't really vividly remembering posting what I did. 2). This topic is more about the use of Marijuana and expressing our political views on whether it should be legalized or not.  :P

MysT_DooM

I don't know about you, but my mind is very ideal.

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on January 12, 2008, 05:46 PM
Found a video of ringo
LOL
but Ringo did a good job imo. He's a software developer, and a huge pothead at the same time. You've gotta hand it to him.
Ringo might be an exception.  But at the same time, I don't see Ringo moving into a position where he's managing multi-million-dollar accounts or many other people. 

For one, his spelling and grammar are atrocious.  I don't just mean conversationally-understandable (there are occasionally misspellings on vendor websites, or confusion among "their," "there," and "they're" in most people's vernacular).  Ringo's is particularly bad, though:

Quote from: Ringo on January 12, 2008, 12:22 PM
Lazzyness:
    marijuana converts phisical energy into mental energy giving the effect of lazzyness.
    All this energy going into thought, is not mentaly healthy for some.
    This is seen as bad for a goverment that wants a large percent of the population to do hard labor. :)
"Laziness" - he actually has to type MORE to misspell the word.
Other words: "physical" and "mentally".

I persionaly dont think i would be here now if it wasnt for hash.
I soon got into hard drugs as a teenager, after jacking school at 12 years old (with ADHD, dislexic and some other stuff i cant spell), but soon made the wise chose of settleing for the softest one as it had the most therapeutic effect, with minimal side effects.
When i smoke it, my ADHD turns to ADD as I no longer rage with phisical enery, which then turns to DD as i can then foces my mind/attention on anything i chose.
"Personally," "dyslexic," "settling," "energy," and "forces" are misspelled.

Ringo: I don't believe you have ADHD or ADD.  You get mellowed out by the pot, but if you truly had AD(H)D you wouldn't be able to "force your mind/attention on anything."  No, the fact is that you're probably just an asshole when you're not mellowed out, and you use that as an excuse to justify your use as something that you perceive as a legal and legitimate medical treatment.  Now, you may in fact be dyslexic, in which case it's probably not justified that I'm criticizing you for misspelling so many words.  However, you can spell "therapeutic," "marijuana", and a series of other much more complex words correctly.  Either way, your writing is far below the standard for someone your age.

And that brings me back to my first point.  A few misspellings here and there is certainly excusable in a professional environment, but when you can barely compose a coherent e-mail to a client in an efficient way, you'll have difficulty.

Brew: Why do athletes risk being banned for taking drugs, Is it because they think they can perform better on drugs than they do off drugs, or do they really perform better on drugs, both or none?
Anabolic steroids are certainly VERY different than narcotics.

our minds are far from ideal.
Ah, true, but our minds are also wired in a way that we can't quite yet emulate effectively, and there are certainly some tasks to which our minds are better-suited than digital machines.

Quote from: MysT_DooM on January 15, 2008, 03:24 PM
*gag*
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Dale

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on January 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
Found a video of ringo
LOL
but Ringo did a good job imo. He's a software developer, and a huge pothead at the same time. You've gotta hand it to him.
Ringo might be an exception.  But at the same time, I don't see Ringo moving into a position where he's managing multi-million-dollar accounts or many other people. 

For one, his spelling and grammar are atrocious.  I don't just mean conversationally-understandable (there are occasionally misspellings on vendor websites, or confusion among "their," "there," and "they're" in most people's vernacular).  Ringo's is particularly bad, though:

Lazzyness:
    marijuana converts phisical energy into mental energy giving the effect of lazzyness.
    This is seen as bad for a goverment that wants a large percent of the population to do hard labor. :)

I soon got into hard drugs as a teenager, after jacking school at 12 years old (with ADHD, dislexic and some other stuff i cant spell), but soon made the wise chose of settleing for the softest one as it had the most therapeutic effect, with minimal side effects.
When i smoke it, my ADHD turns to ADD as I no longer rage with phisical enery, which then turns to DD as i can then foces my mind/attention on anything i chose.

Ringo: I don't believe you have ADHD or ADD.  You get mellowed out by the pot, but if you truly had AD(H)D you wouldn't be able to "force your mind/attention on anything."  No, the fact is that you're probably just an asshole when you're not mellowed out, and you use that as an excuse to justify your use as something that you perceive as a legal and legitimate medical treatment.  Now, you may in fact be dyslexic, in which case it's probably not justified that I'm criticizing you for misspelling so many words.  However, you can spell "therapeutic," "marijuana", and a series of other much more complex words correctly.  Either way, your writing is far below the standard for someone your age.

And that brings me back to my first point.  A few misspellings here and there is certainly excusable in a professional environment, but when you can barely compose a coherent e-mail to a client in an efficient way, you'll have difficulty.

Brew: Why do athletes risk being banned for taking drugs, Is it because they think they can perform better on drugs than they do off drugs, or do they really perform better on drugs, both or none?

Ah, true, but our minds are also wired in a way that we can't quite yet emulate effectively, and there are certainly some tasks to which our minds are better-suited than digital machines.

Quote from: MysT_DooM on January 15, 2008, 03:24 PM
*gag*

Ouch.

Ringo

Slow as in, its slow progress trying to structure it -- if thats the right word.
But yea, VB6 is abit slow, thats what I like about it. It forces you to rethink how you code things. I have sort of stoped programming anyway, i think up a 5 year project almost every day :( you should see the 100's of unfinished projects i have on my pc. :o
By theory I was mainly talking about how the mind generates thought and what not.
And i dont mean "are minds", thats aiming abit high :P
But seems as i only have access to one mind (my own) its good referance to figger out how thoughts are compared and how patterns are detected etc.
Thats just a practical use of what I was on about.

Found a video of ringo
LOL
I hope your not comparing  me to that actor in that video... :D
Im not an actor, im the reall thing :o
Im not in jail tho..

Lazzyness:

I hope it hasnt taken you this long to figger out my spelling blows :D
I couldnt even spell my name when i left school and later learned all my grammar from bnet chatting, and we all know how bad most of them kids are ;)
That in mind, I think im not to bad compared to some.
Its how my mind pattern detects words, its not so sharp. (dyslexic)

I cant take credit for most of the words I got right, I used googles "did you mean?"
I got my bad spelling from my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great++ grandad, you should have seen how shit he was at reading/writeing cave paintings, no one thought he would beable to kill his 1st buffalo, but im sure he did in the end :P
Reading and writeing has been the way to pass infomation down to the next generation and has been done like this for 10,000's of years.
Some have been better than others, nobodys perfect.
I dont really know what your getting at tho, but i think i can safely say im already well aware of it :P
Im sure im better at some things than you are, thats what makes people differnt from one another.

Well, its enough for me to get disability benefits, which i dont really like being on.
Im not going to pretend to know what ADHD really is, but I have been diagnosed with it.
Im not the one you need to take that up with, im no doctor, nore do I want to be one.
If you were suggesting above, that I wont ever be in a high payed job, my answer is good.
You would be supprised how many times i have had the chance to make large amounts of money, and turned my nose up to them. I dont really want money, Im not greedy.
But ofc I could just be saying that to look self smarted :) who really cares?

Yeah, but I think your missing the point I was trying to make.
I was talking of drugs in general.

Thats because computers are currently way slower than the human brain. :(
Thats soon changing tho.

This topic is way off subject tbh.
Enough of your amusing views on my views and spelling, what are your views on marijuana, if you have any?
Pluck up some courage (if you care what ppl think) and post them :)

PS: My spelling is not atrocious, thats a understatement.
I would have used a dictionary, but im not sure if dictionary is even spelt right.
Retard is my middle name baby!

UserLoser

I don't know about you guys but MyndFyre seems like the stubborn person who is afraid to try anything because they fall for propoganda.  I smoke daily and look at stuff I always did/do.  Every job I've had I advanced so fast up the ladder to become a manager/supervisor (2), working with two jobs 60+ hours a week and being full time student I'm ok.

Not too long ago I was once like MyndFyre and so were my friends.  One night I was out with my brother and did it, it wasn't offered to me I asked for it.  I was thinking I only live once, and you cant die from this so why the hell not have some fun doing something new.  I introduced it to a few friends who said they always wondered what it would be like but wouldn't ever try it and ended up doing so and enjoying it.

Why I smoke it?  Relaxes you like no other, opens my mind to crazy new ideas and techniques to do things, and makes everything enjoyable.  I'll enjoy cutting the lawn when I fucking hate doing it.

Bad things?  Costs money, not only do the grams I .. er, cost $20 dollars but everytime someone buys a gram it turns into gas money, munchies money, and other stupid shit because it was fun at the time.  You have total control over your self and there has not ever been one proven death from it, hell, the other day on NBC 5 in Chicago they were talking about it as a possible for a cure for some cancers.

You can't say anything negative about it if you never did it.  And once you do it, you really do realize how many people out in this world really do do it.  How many times people said something to do and it really was marijuana related.  So many people out there talk in a "unspoken code" that every stoner will pickup on no matter who they are.  Tons of people do it daily, no matter what age.  Some of my managers at Target (including the 6-digit paid store managers) smoke weed daily.  Old people (30+ish) always seem to have some decent stuff for a good price.

Especially since you're a programmer (MyndFyre), it increases the amount you focus by a ton and makes things more enjoyable and easier to accomplish.  You'll find new ways to write code a million times better and organized than before (first hand experience).

I'm stoned off my ass right now as I wrote this post.  Please find grammer/puncuation errors.  I do believe Ringo said he isn't native to English.

Dale

Quote from: UserLoser on January 16, 2008, 01:32 AM
I don't know about you guys but MyndFyre seems like the stubborn person who is afraid to try anything because they fall for propoganda.  I smoke daily and look at stuff I always did/do.  Every job I've had I advanced so fast up the ladder to become a manager/supervisor (2), working with two jobs 60+ hours a week and being full time student I'm ok.

Not too long ago I was once like MyndFyre and so were my friends.  One night I was out with my brother and did it, it wasn't offered to me I asked for it.  I was thinking I only live once, and you cant die from this so why the hell not have some fun doing something new.  I introduced it to a few friends who said they always wondered what it would be like but wouldn't ever try it and ended up doing so and enjoying it.

Why I smoke it?  Relaxes you like no other, opens my mind to crazy new ideas and techniques to do things, and makes everything enjoyable.  I'll enjoy cutting the lawn when I fucking hate doing it.

Bad things?  Costs money, not only do the grams I .. er, cost $20 dollars but everytime someone buys a gram it turns into gas money, munchies money, and other stupid shit because it was fun at the time.  You have total control over your self and there has not ever been one proven death from it, hell, the other day on NBC 5 in Chicago they were talking about it as a possible for a cure for some cancers.

You can't say anything negative about it if you never did it.  And once you do it, you really do realize how many people out in this world really do do it.  How many times people said something to do and it really was marijuana related.  So many people out there talk in a "unspoken code" that every stoner will pickup on no matter who they are.  Tons of people do it daily, no matter what age.  Some of my managers at Target (including the 6-digit paid store managers) smoke weed daily.  Old people (30+ish) always seem to have some decent stuff for a good price.

Especially since you're a programmer (MyndFyre), it increases the amount you focus by a ton and makes things more enjoyable and easier to accomplish.  You'll find new ways to write code a million times better and organized than before (first hand experience).

I'm stoned off my ass right now as I wrote this post.  Please find grammer/puncuation errors.  I do believe Ringo said he isn't native to English.

One....two...three...four I declare a flame war! :)

Ringo

Sadly, im from the UK :(

I was going to mention somthing else, but must have slipped my mind.
Alot of my old friends who I used to know through smoking marijuana, have now become, over the last year, heroin and crack addicts.
Thats about how long the goverment over here have been mega clamping down on marijuana shipments, and then home grown "factorys", due to the very large numbers of peolpe who smoke it.
Marijuana Is probly one of the hardest common street drugs to get hold of overhere because of it.
Heroin is one of the most easyest and cheapest drugs about atm.
Alot of my old friends tryed it, due to not being able to get any marijuana for long periods of time, and are now full time junkies.

It kinda makes me sick how the goverment put tax payers money into fighting marijuana, blind to the fact its pushing people onto harder drugs, which are easyer to get hold of, making the whole issue 10 times worse. (ofc not everyone would go onto harder drugs)
I wunder how many peoples lives they are going to distroy in this manner before they figger out that they are doing more harm than good.
If they made it legal and tax'ed it, the money could be used to clamp down on drugs like heroin, and help people come off it.
Not to mention, better drug education in schools so kids know all the facts, effects and risks.

Crazzy world, crazzy goverments tbh

Give people what they want and they probly wont want it half as much.
The incompetence of the system is shocking :o

brew

Quote from: UserLoser on January 16, 2008, 01:32 AM

Couldn't really find any grammar/punctuation errors, but found some spelling ones:
Please find grammer/puncuation errors.
<3 Zorm

|