• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Emulating a D2GS far enough to..

Started by Insolence, January 01, 2008, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insolence

Have a client connect, and send that client a Warden Request and get a Warden Response back? -- where should I even get started with this?

Can I just make a new realm to connect to on the client list for localhost and just ignore all the login/character/client shit and just send them into a game?

Ringo

Quote from: Insolence on January 01, 2008, 06:47 AM
Have a client connect, and send that client a Warden Request and get a Warden Response back? -- where should I even get started with this?

Can I just make a new realm to connect to on the client list for localhost and just ignore all the login/character/client shit and just send them into a game?

You will need to go through a realm, as the warden encryption key, is the game hash (which the realm supplys)
So inorder for the client to handle a said warden request, the client must have the same gamehash as the said warden request

hope that helps

Ringo

oops, ment to edit but reposted. Where did the delete post button go?

Insolence

Quote from: Ringo on January 01, 2008, 01:54 PM
Quote from: Insolence on January 01, 2008, 06:47 AM

You will need to go through a realm, as the warden encryption key, is the game hash (which the realm supplys)
So inorder for the client to handle a said warden request, the client must have the same gamehash as the said warden request

hope that helps
Hrm, well does that mean I have to have 1 client open for each game hash?

AntiRush gave me a good suggestion, just load up 1 client and change the hash in memory before sending each warden request.  that should do it :)

Ringo

Quote from: Insolence on January 01, 2008, 04:06 PM

AntiRush gave me a good suggestion, just load up 1 client and change the hash in memory before sending each warden request.  that should do it :)

Well, you already answerd that question. :P
Logic would say write over the hash for multiple clients over one d2 window, somthing I have been doing since wardens introduction to d2 and hinted at for awhile and who ever antirush is, cought onto not so long ago :P
Same old story, differnt subject. :)

AntiRush

Quote from: Ringo on January 01, 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote from: Insolence on January 01, 2008, 04:06 PM

Well, you already answerd that question. :P
Logic would say write over the hash for multiple clients over one d2 window, somthing I have been doing since wardens introduction to d2 and hinted at for awhile and who ever antirush is, cought onto not so long ago :P
Same old story, differnt subject. :)
Don't flatter yourself too much ;).  There's apparently been some separate but concurrent innovation going on.  Imagine that. (I've been doing this for quite some time myself)

Joe[x86]

Wow, I almost thought we were about to figure this out without fighting. I was going to /backpat you guys, but..
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.