• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Remote Bot Linking

Started by Smarter, December 04, 2007, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaky

i guess i just have alot more free time than you people.... even tho i work in the corporate world and all... you guys should learn to find time for your self...

FrOzeN

Quote from: Leaky on December 21, 2007, 09:02 PMi guess i just have alot more free time than you people.... even tho i work in the corporate world and all... you guys should learn to find time for your self...
So basically you don't use your time effectively because you have plenty of time to waste.
~ FrOzeN

Yegg

Quote from: Leaky on December 21, 2007, 09:02 PM
i guess i just have alot more free time than you people.... even tho i work in the corporate world and all... you guys should learn to find time for your self...

With that kind of philosophy why bother using anything made by anyone else since you have so much time? Forget using programming languages and their corresponding softwares which were made by people far more intelligent than you are. Write your own language. Write your own assembler for use with the compiler of your language. I would begin with this. Next, I would start creating all the other necessities one by one. Make a GUI framework of some sort with your language and get to work on a web browser, word processor, etc. Before long, you'll be attempting menuetos.net only you won't accomplish anything. Somewhere along the line, you'll realize you NEED the existing code and existing software of others. I don't see how you could be so ignorant to some of the other posts in this thread, notably the last one by Kp.

Camel

Leaky,

Write your own operating system.

If you refuse this challenge, or you give up before it's more widely used than any individual linux distribution, you lose this argument.

Banana fanna fo fanna

There is certainly a fantastic reason to reinvent the wheel: if you want to learn exactly how it works.

Go ahead and write your own botnet. It'll be a great learning experience. Extra points if it's fully peer to peer :)

warz

Quote from: Leaky on December 20, 2007, 06:22 PMtherefor im pritty sure

LOL ITS "PRETTY" YOU DUMBASS LOLL HAHAH RUDUMB?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: betawarz on December 22, 2007, 04:13 AM
Quote from: Leaky on December 20, 2007, 06:22 PMtherefor im pritty sure

LOL ITS "PRETTY" YOU DUMBASS LOLL HAHAH RUDUMB?

HERE COMES THE ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!

Yegg

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on December 22, 2007, 03:52 AM
There is certainly a fantastic reason to reinvent the wheel: if you want to learn exactly how it works.

Go ahead and write your own botnet. It'll be a great learning experience. Extra points if it's fully peer to peer :)

True, but with Leaky's knowledge I'm sure that he already knows exactly how it works considering it also isn't really that advanced of a topic.

Warrior

Quote from: Yegg on December 22, 2007, 06:15 AM

True, but with Leaky's knowledge I'm sure that he already knows exactly how it works considering it also isn't really that advanced of a topic.

Leaky's knowledge? I don't know, but he isn't sounding too hot in this topic thus far.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Leaky

Quote from: Yegg on December 21, 2007, 11:38 PM
Quote from: Leaky on December 21, 2007, 09:02 PM

With that kind of philosophy why bother using anything made by anyone else since you have so much time? Forget using programming languages and their corresponding softwares which were made by people far more intelligent than you are. Write your own language. Write your own assembler for use with the compiler of your language. I would begin with this. Next, I would start creating all the other necessities one by one. Make a GUI framework of some sort with your language and get to work on a web browser, word processor, etc. Before long, you'll be attempting menuetos.net only you won't accomplish anything. Somewhere along the line, you'll realize you NEED the existing code and existing software of others. I don't see how you could be so ignorant to some of the other posts in this thread, notably the last one by Kp.

silly simpleton! i've already started on these things!!!!! i was planning on mixing LOLCODE with PHP :D then making an operating system out of it!!!

Yegg

Quote from: Warrior on December 22, 2007, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Yegg on December 22, 2007, 06:15 AM

Leaky's knowledge? I don't know, but he isn't sounding too hot in this topic thus far.

Either what I said spiraled right over your head or you caught it nicely.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Kp on December 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
Leaky: that post does not make much sense.  Any given programmer only has a finite amount of time to devote to working on the code.  If you can save hours by reusing an existing and perfectly functional piece of technology, then you can use those hours to work on a new feature or socialize with friends.

In the corporate world, programmer positions are typically exempt.  As such, you get paid the same amount whether it takes you five minutes or two hours to do something.  I would rather spend the five minutes doing it so that I can go home at the end of the day, instead of staying into the night debugging a new version of the wheel.

I don't think you realize, but you just gave Cuphead your seal of approval for making CleanSlateBot. :P
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

brew

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17206.msg175485#msg175485 date=1198399893]
Quote from: Kp on December 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
Leaky: that post does not make much sense.  Any given programmer only has a finite amount of time to devote to working on the code.  If you can save hours by reusing an existing and perfectly functional piece of technology, then you can use those hours to work on a new feature or socialize with friends.

In the corporate world, programmer positions are typically exempt.  As such, you get paid the same amount whether it takes you five minutes or two hours to do something.  I would rather spend the five minutes doing it so that I can go home at the end of the day, instead of staying into the night debugging a new version of the wheel.

I don't think you realize, but you just gave Cuphead your seal of approval for making CleanSlateBot. :P

But think of all the time a CSB user is saving when he uses that instead of reinventing the wheel! *We can use these hours to work on a new feature or socialize with friends.*
Joe is right. This is what's happening to the quality of our propetiary software.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

FrOzeN

You guys are getting mixed up between reinventing the wheel, and reinventing the car.
~ FrOzeN

Warrior

Reinventing the wheel is defined as implementing something that already exists and your implementation holds no or marginal improvements over the existing solution. Implementing for the sake of implementing, in a sense.

Then there's innovation, in which you see a problem with an existing solution and you implement your own thing. That's not bad at all, but there's a very fine line between innovation and a waste of time.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

|