• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Grahpics problem

Started by Spht, November 18, 2007, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

I don't think i've always had this problem with this graphics card, but i've been having it for the past couple years now and i have not been able to fix it.  i've tried absolutely nothing, except for getting the latest drivers for my video card (which are dated 2004)

My video card is a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro 128MB, and practically every 3d game does this:

Objects flicker and twitch like mad, and sometimes objects will just be stretched out and extend across the screen (would see this a lot in WoW)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Barabajagal

Barabajagal

Tried Omega Drivers?

As your card's older, you'll need to use v3.8.252, which you can get at http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=14

FrOzeN

Get a new graphics card.

Also, this topic kinda feels like a joke, being that I have the VB6 source code to that game in your screenshots... :-\
~ FrOzeN

iago

Quote from: FrOzeN on November 19, 2007, 09:55 AM
Also, this topic kinda feels like a joke, being that I have the VB6 source code to that game in your screenshots... :-\
I don't understand why having the sourcecode to an opensource game, or having graphical problems with an opensource game in addition to others, is anything weird..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

I posted a screen shot of this game because it's a simple game that utilizes minimal technology, so a good demonstration of the problem i'm having which occurs both on simple games like this and complex video technology-utilizing games such as WoW

Also, you don't just buy a new video card when you're having some twitchy 3d graphics.  It's a fantastic card, perfect for my use, just that something likely got misconfigured somewhere.  whose to say that a brand new video card won't have the same problem?

Spht

Now using Omega drivers.  problem still persists

Warrior

I've heard of cards doing this when they're overheating, or close to overheating. May be something to look into.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on November 19, 2007, 04:29 PM
I've heard of cards doing this when they're overheating, or close to overheating. May be something to look into.
Yes.  When my Radeon 9700 died, it was doing similar things.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Invert

I don't know if this is an option or not but... Why not look into getting a better card? It could save you the headache of trying to figure this problem out.

Spht

I imagine if it was a overheating problem, the issue would occur inconsistently and would've died long ago?  i've been having this problem consistently for over 2 years now

General Information :    
Manufacturer :             ATI Technologies Inc  (PC Partner Ltd)
Model :                    SAPPHIRE RADEON 9000 ATLANTIS PRO (Omega 3.8.252)
Bus Type :                 AGP
Total Memory :             128 MB
Texture Memory :           122 MB
Processor :                RADEON 9000 PRO AGP (0x4966)
Converter :                Internal DAC(400MHz)
Refresh Rate (min/max) :   56/120 Hz

GPU Information :   
Number of GPU :            1
Codename :                 RV250
Bus :                      128-bit
Memory Type :              DDR
GPU Frequency :            274.5 MHz - [initial : 275 MHz]
Memory Frequency GPU :     249.75 MHz - [initial : 250 MHz]
DirectX Support :          8.1
Pixel Shader Version :     1.4

Warrior

Weird, perhaps it's a VSync issue? Do you have it off?

In any case, seems like the Card might be ready to be replaced.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

warz

Awhile back I got a cheaper 256mb video card, and it lasted for about a year, but then I started having similar issues. Things would render weird, and it appeared to not be able to handle games that it used to be able to handle. Eventually it died, and I think it just overheated, or something. Anyways, I just went out and bought a similar cheap video card. They're only like $100 anyways.

Spht

I tried toggling vsync for both direct3d and opengl on and off, made no difference.  i guess i will just go out and buy a new video card (it is over 3 years old).  just didn't think that this kind of problem would be the result of a 'dying' video card