• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My Desktop Build...

Started by mayhem, October 23, 2007, 11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Quote from: Invert on October 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
Running VMware on a personal computer just to run a Windows OS, um..ok. Why not just run a Windows OS?
That would be silly.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

brew

Quote from: Invert on October 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
Running VMware on a personal computer just to run a Windows OS, um..ok. Why not just run a Windows OS?
Wouldn't it make more sense to run the less stable OS on VMWare? (windows)
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

warz

It's all just personal preference.

Barabajagal

I'm on XP and I run virtual Machines of 95, 98, 98SE, ME (yes, I actually found a ME torrent and wasted my bandwidth on it), 2000 Pro, and Vista Home Basic. It makes me wish I could get about 10 gigs of ram and that those new 4 core AMDs would come out (not intel's 2 cores on 2 processors in one shell bullshit). However, the rest of the time, my computer runs wonderfully for everything I do on 1.5 gigs of ram on an AMD Athlon XP 2700+.

The point is, there are and will be reasons to have lots of ram, and if you can get away with only upgrading every 10 years instead of every 5, it's going to be a lot nicer on your checkbook.

Warrior

Quote from: Invert on October 26, 2007, 01:29 PM
Quote from: Warrior on October 25, 2007, 05:28 AM
Quote from: Andy on October 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
HellGate: London recommends 3 gigs.

Wow. Hellgate: London can go to hell.

Haha, you are just mad because you did not get into the beta!

Yes I am :(. Everyone in my WoW guild is playing it and I'm sol.

But jesus, 3GB of ram? What the hell is this game doing?
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on October 26, 2007, 05:16 PM
But jesus, 3GB of ram? What the hell is this game doing?
Being fucking boring, according to my roommie.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Invert

It does not require 3gb or ram.

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/system_requirements

IMO, the game is a lot of fun.

Barabajagal

I didn't say it required it. I said it recommended it. There's a scan you can have them do to determine if your computer passes the requirements or the recommendations. I passed the requirements, but they recommended 3 gigs of ram, vista, and a dual core processor, so I failed the recommendations.

Invert

Quote from: Andy on October 26, 2007, 08:48 PM
I didn't say it required it. I said it recommended it. There's a scan you can have them do to determine if your computer passes the requirements or the recommendations. I passed the requirements, but they recommended 3 gigs of ram, vista, and a dual core processor, so I failed the recommendations.

I did not say that you said it required it. My reply was towards Warrior. Your post was worthless; you are being defensive when my reply had nothing to do with you. I laugh at you!

Barabajagal

Quote from: Invert on October 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
I did not say that you said it required it. My reply was towards Warrior. Your post was worthless; you are being defensive when my reply had nothing to do with you. I laugh at you!
Warrior didn't say the game required it either. He said "But jesus, 3GB of ram? What the hell is this game doing?" as a response to my post that it does recommend 3 gigs.

Invert

Quote from: Hands of a Government Man on October 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
Quote from: Invert on October 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
Warrior didn't say the game required it either. He said "But jesus, 3GB of ram? What the hell is this game doing?" as a response to my post that it does recommend 3 gigs.

I also did not say that Warrior said it required it. I made a comment based on his reaction. I laugh at you even more!

squiggly

If you're going to get more than 2GB, might as well get 2x 2GB sticks. Dual channeling your RAM is very quite best for your machine, unless you manage to find that elusive 1536 module
- Posso usar um tradutor de lĂ­ngua, devo ser fresco agora!

Ishbar

If the kid was going to run windows Vista Home Premium & up he would need more than 2 gigs of RAM. Vistas resources use at least a Gig with all of its widgets.

Quote from: Yegg on October 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
Quote from: Invert on October 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Yegg on October 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
Are you crazy? Since when do you need more than 2gb of ram? I've never used 2gb of memory at the same time even with various softwares running on my Mac OS X while VMWare Fusion Mac is running WinXP running MS VC# 2005.

I understand your situation. There are no games for Mac's so you don't even need 2gb of ram.

I don't play video games so that's not a problem for me. But don't worry, using VMWare to run WinXP which in turn is running MS Visual Studio uses plenty of RAM.

He's right -why not even run DDR RAM at all, ignore II & III all together. Save your money and just wait till those kids at Harvard Uni make a breakthrough with their Optical computers from frozen light atoms. Then you'll be ahead of the game entirely! Money in the bank if I don't say so myself. Good thinkin Yegg!

Yegg

Quote from: Ishbar on October 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
If the kid was going to run windows Vista Home Premium & up he would need more than 2 gigs of RAM. Vistas resources use at least a Gig with all of its widgets.

Quote from: Yegg on October 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
Quote from: Invert on October 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Yegg on October 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
Are you crazy? Since when do you need more than 2gb of ram? I've never used 2gb of memory at the same time even with various softwares running on my Mac OS X while VMWare Fusion Mac is running WinXP running MS VC# 2005.

I understand your situation. There are no games for Mac's so you don't even need 2gb of ram.

I don't play video games so that's not a problem for me. But don't worry, using VMWare to run WinXP which in turn is running MS Visual Studio uses plenty of RAM.

He's right -why not even run DDR RAM at all, ignore II & III all together. Save your money and just wait till those kids at Harvard Uni make a breakthrough with their Optical computers from frozen light atoms. Then you'll be ahead of the game entirely! Money in the bank if I don't say so myself. Good thinkin Yegg!

<troll>
Let's just be like ishbar and spend $150 on a beanbag and one week later decide that the beanbag is utterly useless.
</troll>

Ishbar

Or perhaps $300 Dollars on an iPod Touch.

Of course that's after the speeding tickets being paid off in court, a third credit card to pay off the other two, paying the state back a grant for dropping out of College, and then a whole new slew of tuition fees for an Online course! :D

Match.

|