• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

ZombieMeter.org

Started by iago, October 03, 2007, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Me and a couple co-workers put together a site called zombiemeter.org (http://www.zombiemeter.org/index.php). Basically, the goal is to watch the news for zombie activities and report on them. It's actually been a lot of fun to write it, and should be just as much fun to read it.

It also has an RSS Feed if you're into that kind of thing.

Enjoy!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Invert

disco

Say it with me:

vuther.de

Warrior

you must be one of those kids who goes around spoiling christmas huh genius
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

shout

Sixen

Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Joe[x86]

Quote from: inner.de on October 05, 2007, 05:06 PM
Zombies don't exist.

Don't make me screenshot the plaguelands.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

iago

The government keeps telling us that zombies don't exist. Do you believe them?

Personally, I'd rather collect evidence and make my own conclusions. That's what this site is about!

warz

Just curious... do you all write up the comments, such as "According to ZombieMeter analysts, these shots through the heads may be an indication that the men had become zombies, and the rest of the information may have been falsified as part of a coverup," for each of those aggregated news articles, or does it do them automatically?

iago

The entire story as written is manual, nothing is automatic.

Is that a serious question or are you making fun of the fact that I'm repetitive? I guess I typically fall into the same format I use for my work-related writing, which is very methodical and redundant and repetitive and redundant and repe... well, you get the point.

warz

Quote from: iago on October 09, 2007, 10:54 AM
The entire story as written is manual, nothing is automatic.

Is that a serious question or are you making fun of the fact that I'm repetitive? I guess I typically fall into the same format I use for my work-related writing, which is very methodical and redundant and repetitive and redundant and repe... well, you get the point.

Nope, it was serious. A site I'm working on will need to do some automated analysis of sentences, and classify them as a positive, or negative, response (for or against some topic). If the summaries on your site had been automated, I would have been pretty impressed, and probably would be begging to know how you did it. :P

I've got a few ideas in mind, as to how I'll do what I need to. I've just been busy and haven't reached that point with my site, yet.

iago

Ok, cool. I'm glad I only sound half automated. :P

The difficulty with stories on ZombieMeter.org is that they take a fair amount of creativity. Linking a murder or random environmental event to zombies isn't really something that can be automated, although that would make a pretty interesting project in AI (feeding it possible causes and symptoms of zombies, and let it troll through the news... hmm.....)

warz

Quote from: iago on October 09, 2007, 01:52 PMalthough that would make a pretty interesting project in AI (feeding it possible causes and symptoms of zombies, and let it troll through the news... hmm.....)

That's what I thought it was, at first. I was pretty blown away. But now I know it's just you! :P

iago

Quote from: betawarz on October 09, 2007, 02:12 PM
That's what I thought it was, at first. I was pretty blown away. But now I know it's just you! :P
What I meant was, that's exactly what it does, but I'm charging $1000 for the source.

Disclaimer: no guarantee I'll send you anything.