• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warden Inactivated.

Started by Denial, September 21, 2007, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

I figured i start a new topic because the other one was just stupid.

At the moment i was testing some stuff for starcraft and such and realized warden was not present.

Currently my bot has been online for 12 hours.

My other one has been online for 5 minutes.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Barabajagal

I made a news post yesterday on BNETDocs: Redux. My guess is they have it on for a few weeks, take it off, change some stuff for a few days, and put it back on.

iCe

east and west servers where also restarted yesterday

Camel

I believe that iago hacked useast and uswest so warden is broken.

devcode

Quote from: Camel on September 21, 2007, 09:16 PM
I believe that iago hacked useast and uswest so warden is broken.

true story ^^

brew

So i figured that i'd go check out warden a little. But I found it hard to switch back to OllyDbg when a breakpoint is reached and starcraft is maximized (full screen) and since it pauses the entire thread, I can't minimize it. So, are there any solutions or workarounds for this?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

UserLoser

Warden is always running in the client doing various things, just because the server isn't sending the client specific messages doesn't mean it's not running.

warz

Quote from: UserLoser on September 21, 2007, 11:49 PM
Warden is always running in the client doing various things, just because the server isn't sending the client specific messages doesn't mean it's not running.

brew

We know this. When people refer to warden being deactivated, they are refering to the 0x5E packet not being sent, and limiting a starcraft's time logged in to 2 minutes, which is the current problem for bot developers. Most people here really couldn't care less if it's active as in, detecting people's "leet hax".
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Michael

Quote from: Andy on September 21, 2007, 06:04 PM
I made a news post yesterday on BNETDocs: Redux. My guess is they have it on for a few weeks, take it off, change some stuff for a few days, and put it back on.

It was my understanding they could change stuff to warden at any time and not have to worry about any such down time? so why would they disable it and then enable it a few days later? unless they are changing the 0x5E packet structure.

UserLoser

Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 22, 2007, 10:56 AM
Quote from: Andy on September 21, 2007, 06:04 PM

It was my understanding they could change stuff to warden at any time and not have to worry about any such down time? so why would they disable it and then enable it a few days later? unless they are changing the 0x5E packet structure.

They can't just "change the structure" of a message without patching the millions of Starcraft clients out there, that would be unpractical and just stupid

Michael

So then why would they even bother to shut down warden's 0x5E? they can update warden and have it keep replying the the warden packet just fine with out any patch to battle.net. i see no reason for them to disable the packet and then enable it.

Hdx

You'll notice that the mods that are being sent out after they re-enabled it, are significantly different from the ones they were previously using.
It could just be that they're are testing it with select clients. Making sure everything doesn't blow up. Why they disabled the normal one I do not know.
But everyone's a conspiracy nut, so meh.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Michael

i think it's better when shit blows up :P