• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warden anti-hack is back..

Started by brew, August 29, 2007, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Dale

iago

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16998.msg172552#msg172552 date=1189443334]
Nevermind, you're right. I started reading at 0x16 instead of 0x36. That's what I get for trying to understand things in the morning.
Hint: look for 0xFF, and if the three bytes after it don't look sane, it's probably not Battle.net.

Although I'm pretty used to looking at the middle of the third line in a dump, I hope I never have to get used to IPv6 :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Joe[x86]

Quote from: iago on September 10, 2007, 05:54 PM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16998.msg172552#msg172552 date=1189443334]
Nevermind, you're right. I started reading at 0x16 instead of 0x36. That's what I get for trying to understand things in the morning.

Hint: look for 0xFF, and if the three bytes after it don't look sane, it's probably not Battle.net.

Although I'm pretty used to looking at the middle of the third line in a dump, I hope I never have to get used to IPv6 :)

Like I said, I always just start at offset 0x36.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

devcode

90% reversed on the 0x5E reply hash. ;)

Dale

How can you put a percentage of how much you're done when you don't completely know what's left?

devcode

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Dale on September 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
How can you put a percentage of how much you're done when you don't completely know what's left?

Technically, as far as "reversed" goes, it's a percentage of the code.

Now, at least for me, 90% of the code reversed means that 5% percent of the project is done. You've still gotta bring the loose ends together and make it work. :P

Don Cullen

Quote from: devcode on September 10, 2007, 08:30 PM
Because I'm that good :)

I'm happy to see you have that high of an opinion of yourself. Do you plan on sharing what you've found with the community, or do you plan on withholding it?
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

devcode

I promote open sourcing of details and snippets of code.

Don Cullen

Quote from: devcode on September 10, 2007, 09:55 PM
I promote open sourcing of details and snippets of code.

I'm impressed. Let's hope you're serious about reversing the 0x5E then.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

devcode

The last part in the whole procedure is the encryption of the packet and I recreated the code for this encryption but I didn't know what this was until I remembered someone saying RC4 and it seems to match, didn't check thoroughly. I'm not familiar with RC4 so I'll have to do some reading ;(
So close yet so far ;o

Barabajagal

Wtf is with bnet using so many different encryption methods? -.-

Don Cullen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC4

QuoteIn cryptography, RC4 (also known as ARC4 or ARCFOUR) is the most widely-used software stream cipher and is used in popular protocols such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) (to protect Internet traffic) and WEP (to secure wireless networks). While remarkable in its simplicity, RC4 falls short of the high standards of security set by cryptographers, and some ways of using RC4 can lead to very insecure cryptosystems (an example being WEP). It is not recommended for use in new systems. However, some systems based on RC4 are secure enough for practical use.

When you read the first sentence, it makes sense they chose this particular type to protect Warden. Simple enough to implement, but good enough to make it a pain in the neck to figure out.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

Didn't something else use RC4?

Joe[x86]

Yeah. World of WarCraft.. and... Warden.

|