• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Native methods/BCP?

Started by Camel, August 29, 2007, 12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camel

Is it possible to use native methods to load a BCP? I'm not very familiar with how native methods work, or how BCP works, but if it's as simple as being able to access known functions in the dll, shouldn't it be possible?

[edit] in the event that it's not possible to directly access a BCP, it should still be possible to create an interface dll, no?

MyndFyre

I thought BCP invokes callbacks in the plugin DLL.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Camel

Okay, so consider a DLL that has these callbacks, and invokes class methods in the Java application. I'm not sure how to do it, but I'm currently reading a benchmark report of java->native/native->java calls among various VMs, so I believe it's possible.