• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warhammer Online

Started by Invert, August 28, 2007, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

I have been beta testing the game for about two weeks now. Is anyone else here in the beta?

rabbit

Just cause YOU'RE beta testing every game ever doesn't me WE are too :'(
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

iago

No, but I'm rather curious about how it compares to the real thing. Have you played actual Warhammer (or 40k)?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Invert

Quote from: iago on August 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
No, but I'm rather curious about how it compares to the real thing. Have you played actual Warhammer (or 40k)?

It's not turn based if that's what you are asking. Compare it to an MMO within the Warhammer universe. You can check out www.warhammeronline.com for all the info; it's worth checking out if are a Warhammer fan. Ther's me choppa!

iago

A MMO version of Warhammer definitely sounds interesting.

I mean, I've already played a RTS version of Warhammer 40k (except they called it Starcraft :) )

Invert

There is a Warhammer 40k RTS. It was very successful and had 2 expansions.
http://www.dawnofwargame.com/

Speaking of Blizzard ripping off GamesWorkshop; I think Blizzard pays royalty fees to them.

SNiFFeR

Invert, do you work at THQ?

iago

Quote from: Invert on August 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
Speaking of Blizzard ripping off GamesWorkshop; I think Blizzard pays royalty fees to them.
I wouldn't be surprised. Starcraft is a clear ripoff, and they even made fun of it in Warcraft 3 ("Do you like my warhammer? It cost me 40k!")

warz

I used to collect the Warhammer miniatures. I'd paint them, and shit. I never understood how to play, though, so me and my friends just made up our own game. lol

We made landscapes, and shit, though. I had hero units, or whatever, I had vehicles, and shit - it was intense.

Invert

Quote from: betawarz on August 30, 2007, 10:06 PM
I used to collect the Warhammer miniatures. I'd paint them, and shit. I never understood how to play, though, so me and my friends just made up our own game. lol

We made landscapes, and shit, though. I had hero units, or whatever, I had vehicles, and shit - it was intense.

Sounds like you had a lot of 'shit' :)

warz

wow, yeah, i just realized i said that several times, and shit.

Newby

"What's goin' on?"

"Oh, nothing. School, shit, and shit."
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.