• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What happened to The Warden?

Started by brew, August 21, 2007, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yegg

Quote from: Camel on August 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
</3 Yegg, you know what I mean, don't be a dick. Look at the number of people playing W2BN per logins, and compare it to other games.

Of course I know what you mean. Just don't say things like "everybody" when it clearly doesn't really mean everybody. Just say "almost everyone" or something similar.

Camel

Your advice is life altering. Thank you.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Explicit

Quote from: Yegg on August 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
</3 Yegg, you know what I mean, don't be a dick. Look at the number of people playing W2BN per logins, and compare it to other games.

Of course I know what you mean. Just don't say things like "everybody" when it clearly doesn't really mean everybody. Just say "almost everyone" or something similar.

This isn't a philosophical arena.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Yegg

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on August 23, 2007, 12:26 AM
Quote from: Yegg on August 22, 2007, 08:33 PM

This isn't a philosophical arena.

No. But this thread sure has a lot of useless posts now. Including this one. But at least I got to let you guys know about your useless posts...

Barabajagal

Back on topic, it's nearly Thursday. Time for Blake's theory to be proven or disproven!

Denial

Time will tell. Just wait to see what happens :)
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Hell-Lord

Here is an article that was recently brought to my intention on the warden software and some issue at blizzard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4385050.stm

Joe[x86]

Here's a nice discussion about WoW's variation of Warden.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

UserLoser

Quote from: Hell-Lord on August 24, 2007, 06:31 AM
Here is an article that was recently brought to my intention on the warden software and some issue at blizzard

Wow, that is 2 years old...nothing new.

iago

Quote from: UserLoser on August 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote from: Hell-Lord on August 24, 2007, 06:31 AM

Wow, that is 2 years old...nothing new.

Does that somehow make it less accurate?

It's still interesting to read for people like me that have never seen it (although a lot of the people at work have told me about how evil Warden is. :) )
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

Old = Possibly outdated = Possibly less accurate. So yes, there is a chance it's less accurate. [Sorry, just had to put in that argument.]

MyndFyre

Quote from: Andy on August 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
Old = Possibly outdated = Possibly less accurate. So yes, there is a chance it's less accurate. [Sorry, just had to put in that argument.]

No, it doesn't make it less accurate, it makes it *possibly* less accurate. 

Less accurate != Possibly less accurate.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

You're way too aggressive. Re-read my post. I never said it was definitely less accurate.

Camel

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 27, 2007, 01:46 PM
Quote from: Andy on August 26, 2007, 04:33 PM

No, it doesn't make it less accurate, it makes it *possibly* less accurate. 

Less accurate != Possibly less accurate.

I fail to see where Andy says in certain terms that it is less accurate.

Not that I'm choosing sides.

|