• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Listviews

Started by brew, August 17, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brew

Okay, i'm wondering how do i set the font for the listview's items. Nobody seems to know, and all the examples i've seen use MFC or something else, and the only real listview control example doesn't modify the font at all, so i'm out of ideas. does anyone know how i would do this?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Camel

QuoteFriday, September 16, 2005 12:28 PM by Matt
Who's Claire Voyant?

;D

Yegg

Quote from: Camel on August 18, 2007, 03:39 PM
QuoteFriday, September 16, 2005 12:28 PM by Matt
Who's Claire Voyant?

;D

It amused me too. :)

brew

<3 Zorm

Yegg

Quote from: brew on August 19, 2007, 09:50 PM
Quote from: Yegg on August 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/09/16/468800.aspx
That didn't help me very much.

I knew you would respond saying so. I just wasn't sure how long I'd actually have to wait. If you study that page you will understand how to fix your problem easily. It cleared things up for me.

brew

Sure, maybe for you, but i wouldn't know things such as where
LRESULT RootWindow::OnLVCustomDraw(NMLVCUSTOMDRAW* pcd)
would go.... I'm clueless. What notification or message am i looking out for and when do i do this, none of that page answers those important questions.
All that I really know is that i have to do something that concerns NMLVCUSTOMDRAW...
Actually, it looks kind of like MFC. I'm not using MFC at all.

EDIT** Oh, so i'm supposed to look out for the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification. IS there any special listview style i have to add to the listview to get this? (LVM_NOTIFY)?

EDIT** I dont think my listview likes me handling WM_NOTIFY for some reason, it only adds like 6 of the people to the channel list where it would add all of them no problem without handling that...
<3 Zorm

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

brew

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on August 20, 2007, 02:09 AM
rtfm.
Can you provide any actual help? At all? In any of my topics? I'm pretty sure I've heard "rtfm" over nine thousand times and that's really, not helping.
<3 Zorm

MyndFyre

Quote from: brew on August 20, 2007, 08:56 AM
rtfm.
Can you provide any actual help? At all? In any of my topics? I'm pretty sure I've heard "rtfm" over nine thousand times and that's really, not helping.
"RTFM" stands for "read the fucking manual."  If you did some research (maybe you should memorize MSDN), and then you didn't bitch when people actually provided substantive help, more people might be inclined to more thoroughly help you.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

brew

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
rtfm.
"RTFM" stands for "read the fucking manual."  If you did some research (maybe you should memorize MSDN), and then you didn't bitch when people actually provided substantive help, more people might be inclined to more thoroughly help you.
I know what RTFM means, myndfyre. I was reading MSDN all last night and I still wasn't able to find much out, other then to set the window's text, something about a pointer to a custom draw struct, and do this all on WM_NOTIFY, however it doesn't work out very well when i don't return defwindowproc() on WM_NOTIFY, thanks. Not like Explicit ever actually helped anyone at all with anything related to actual programming... so why even post? And if he's going to post, why is he posting a 4 letter word, and a period? That response doesn't really help much, especially after i've mentioned serveral times i'm already reading msdn, and i'm getting little if nothing out of it, that's all. So far i've seen you link me twice to that same topic, it looks like you want me to look at it differently or something, thanks, it's just that I don't appriciate being called ignorant when I don't look at msdn to find out what a UINT_PTR is and find it's something completely different then what would logically make sense. I even said I figured it out. All I did is just mention that typedef being wrongfully named. Really.
And by the way, I do greatly appriciate people helping me out. Thanks, shadow, for helping me with that timer control. I wouldn'tve guessed right off that the callback sub for the timer optionally takes 4 parameters, especially considering how vb6 makes everything else so grossly oversimplified.
<3 Zorm

rabbit

You're ignorant.  Also, RTFM is an acronym, not a 4 letter word.  Additionally, you are being referred to the same place over and over because it's the answer to what you want.  You're just a stubborn jackass.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MyndFyre

Quote from: brew on August 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
rtfm.
I know what RTFM means, myndfyre. I was reading MSDN all last night and I still wasn't able to find much out, other then to set the window's text, something about a pointer to a custom draw struct, and do this all on WM_NOTIFY, however it doesn't work out very well when i don't return defwindowproc() on WM_NOTIFY, thanks. Not like Explicit ever actually helped anyone at all with anything related to actual programming... so why even post? And if he's going to post, why is he posting a 4 letter word, and a period? That response doesn't really help much, especially after i've mentioned serveral times i'm already reading msdn, and i'm getting little if nothing out of it, that's all. So far i've seen you link me twice to that same topic, it looks like you want me to look at it differently or something, thanks, it's just that I don't appriciate being called ignorant when I don't look at msdn to find out what a UINT_PTR is and find it's something completely different then what would logically make sense. I even said I figured it out. All I did is just mention that typedef being wrongfully named. Really.
And by the way, I do greatly appriciate people helping me out. Thanks, shadow, for helping me with that timer control. I wouldn'tve guessed right off that the callback sub for the timer optionally takes 4 parameters, especially considering how vb6 makes everything else so grossly oversimplified.

Amazing what 15 minutes of searching will do....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Yegg

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 20, 2007, 03:06 PM
Quote from: brew on August 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
rtfm.

Amazing what 15 minutes of searching will do....

I believe what he wants to do is set a different font for each item in the listview, which is what the link I provided him with.
The link I provided is MFC, but it uses the same functions regardless if you're using MFC or Win32 API alone. I just don't see how it's so hard to follow that link :/.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on August 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
I believe what he wants to do is set a different font for each item in the listview, which is what the link I provided him with.
The link I provided is MFC, but it uses the same functions regardless if you're using MFC or Win32 API alone. I just don't see how it's so hard to follow that link :/.
Oh.  (That's dumb).  But yeah, your link is good then. :)