• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown source

Started by Rob, July 30, 2007, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Based from the code that iago released.

This should work on any x86 system.  Tested on windows/linux/freebsd.

http://www.onlythechosen.com/lockdown-src.zip
Rob@USEast

Barabajagal

* -RealityRipple- watches as bots magically attain lockdown hashing and new DLLs are made.

I like your "tweedle" and "twitter" functions ;)

Hell-Lord

iago

Quote from: -RealityRipple- on July 30, 2007, 01:16 AM
When I named those, I didn't know what they were doing :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

you remind me of my friend Warren. His error handlers were always named ZipadeeDooDahZipdadeeDayMyOhMyWhatAWonderfulDay or Hell, which was always fun to read... On Error GoTo Hell. And instead of commenting out code, he'd put it in an if statement that read "If 2 + 2 = 5 Then".

brew

* -RealityRipple- watches as bots magically attain lockdown hashing and new DLLs are made.
At least 3 different lockdown checkrevison sources were released since 3 months ago....
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

UserLoser

Pretty sure that's the reason people like to release things openly--it's only a problem when people do not give credit when necessary

iago

Quote from: -RealityRipple- on July 30, 2007, 08:08 PM
you remind me of my friend Warren. His error handlers were always named ZipadeeDooDahZipdadeeDayMyOhMyWhatAWonderfulDay or Hell, which was always fun to read... On Error GoTo Hell. And instead of commenting out code, he'd put it in an if statement that read "If 2 + 2 = 5 Then".
The names aren't that far off, because when I first started looking at them, it was clear that they were just pushing bits around and doing some other bitwise math. So "Twiddle" was born, since it was twiddling some bits. Then I looked at a second, similar function and giving it a similar name was logical, so out came "Tweedle". It basically made sense. :P

Yegg

Quote from: brew on July 30, 2007, 09:15 PM
At least 3 different lockdown checkrevison sources were released since 3 months ago....

If you look at what rob was posted up there, and what iago released, you will notice that it will be much easier for people to implement what rob did.

PS. Don't be stupid and say, "but rob's is based off of iago's", because I know this.

brew

Quote from: Yegg on July 30, 2007, 11:28 PM

If you look at what rob was posted up there, and what iago released, you will notice that it will be much easier for people to implement what rob did.

PS. Don't be stupid and say, "but rob's is based off of iago's", because I know this.
warz's version is by far the easiest to work with.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

iago

Quote from: brew on July 31, 2007, 07:20 AM
Quote from: Yegg on July 30, 2007, 11:28 PM

warz's version is by far the easiest to work with.
It's also incomplete, Windows-only, and requires proprietary code to be run.

Mine, on the other hand, is complete, Windows-only, and is self-sustaining.

Rob's is complete, cross-platform, and self-sustaining.

So it depends how you define "easiest" :P

This is rather what I intended, thought. I wanted to release working code and let other people worry about making it good. :)

warz

Why are you calling it incomplete? It worked completely, when I had posted it. Can't say that now, because I haven't looked at it since.

Hdx

He's calling it incomplete because you are still using Blizzard's dll. Instead of reimplementing everything yourself.
Note: Don't start the argument again >.< it's annoying.
Hehe this source would of helped a lot when making my java port. But I learned way more about PE files then i ever wanted to so I'm happy :P
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

warz

I'm assuming he's talking about something else when he mentions incomplete because he also adds "and requires proprietary code to be run. " Also, we're not arguing about anything, but if we were, adding your two cents and then calling it annoying is no way to go about telling somebody to quit arguing. I enjoyed learning about windows PE header sections while doing this.

Hdx

I'm sorry, I just figured if I had the answer to a question I should say it. From all my communications with iago, that is what he is referring to. And I added the comment about arguments because the last few times that there were discussions about the use of propitiatory code in your implementation it turnd into 10 page arguments.
Sorry for posting my thoughts.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status