• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

vl.com

Started by Denial, July 10, 2007, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Curious to why it's like that. I know the reason but i wanna know the non-techie reason behind it.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Imperceptus

I was worried it was just me.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

warz

find a new obsession, denial.

MyndFyre

Looks like a DNS error.  That's what IIS returns when there is not a website configured on the IP endpoint with the specified hostname.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Imperceptus

appears to be fixed now. perhaps service needed restart.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Denial

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 10, 2007, 04:12 PM
Looks like a DNS error.  That's what IIS returns when there is not a website configured on the IP endpoint with the specified hostname.

I know what it is i was just curious to why it was.

And warz i hardly even post on this forum anymore.

squeegee

six posts in ten days, good one Dave

Grok

I pointed the domain to our new DNS but the entries in the DNS were pointing to the wrong IPs.  So, when someone brought my attention to it, I corrected the IPs which allowed you to properly resolve it.

Sorry, that was sloppy of me.

Barabajagal

So any news on when bnetdocs won't say:
QuoteWe're sorry, but BnetDocs is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Andy on July 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
So any news on when bnetdocs won't say:
QuoteWe're sorry, but BnetDocs is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
?
That's Arta's project, not Grok's.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

I know, it's just getting a bit annoying, and I'm not understanding why an official backup wasn't saved somewhere for people to use in the meanwhile (I know there's other ones).

Eternal

Quote from: Grok on July 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
I pointed the domain to our new DNS but the entries in the DNS were pointing to the wrong IPs.  So, when someone brought my attention to it, I corrected the IPs which allowed you to properly resolve it.

Sorry, that was sloppy of me.

<slaps wrist>
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com

Grok

Hmm, I wonder if he's pointing to a MySQL by an old IP address.  How long has it been down, precisely?

Denial

Grok from what i've seen it came up and down every few seconds you could resolve to the page if you kept refreshing then you couldn't visit it. Same as bnls you could connect then a few seconds later you couldn't. I would have to say atleast 4 hours if not more.

Also thanks for a straight forward answer. That's all i was looking for not some random comment from the users of these forums nowadays.

Barabajagal

How long has bnetdocs been down? I haven't seen the official site's home page in months. But then again, I don't check it all the time.