• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Inheritance

Started by Imperceptus, July 05, 2007, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperceptus

I've worked with some inheritance with projects like RunUO and have a basic understanding of what is going on. but I have no clue what this means.  I have Idea's, but If someone could break it down for me I would appreciate it.

Quotecannot inherit from class because it expands the access of the base class outside the assembly
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

MyndFyre

What's the specific compiler error code?  MSDN usually has examples.

It looks like it's something like this:

Friend Class A

End Class

Public Class B Inherits A

End Class

In order for B to be public, A must also be public.  But as defined, A is internal to the assembly being created.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Imperceptus

im using your packetbuffer.cs in vb.  i was trying to do the following.

Public Class bnls : Inherits Packet

the exact error is
Error   2   'bnls' cannot inherit from class 'Packet' because it expands the access of the base class outside the assembly.     Maybe I am thinking wrong about what I am trying to do. Im worried that what I am trying to do isn't possible and I have submitted my noobness to the public in a plea for help.
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Imperceptus

wwops yea i was thinking the wrong thing.  getting ahead of myself.  thanks anyways myndfyre