• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

S > C 0x71

Started by brew, June 22, 2007, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

BNLS does support JSTR.... 0x06

brew

Indeed it does. Thanks for catching that, RealityRipple.
Although.... in theory it should work just like PMAC SSHR, there is no checksum formula, it's just a null string. so it would expect just any old response, right? nope. some reason it requires a valid response. eek :(
And bnls still doesn't support DRTL or DSHR, so how are we supposed to connect to these clients?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Barabajagal

My Cache DB and logon server works for them (but I just got my IP switched and the DNS is taking forever.) Try 72.173.96.196:9367 for 0x1A if you want. And I'm fairly certain JSTR does not work like SSHR.

brew

Quote from: Andy on June 23, 2007, 09:43 PM
My Cache DB and logon server works for them (but I just got my IP switched and the DNS is taking forever.) Try 72.173.96.196:9364 for 0x1A if you want. And I'm fairly certain JSTR does not work like SSHR.
Does your logon server work with 0x09 and 0x18 packets too? I have what bnls packet to use an option in my bot.
<3 Zorm

Barabajagal

Just 1A currently, sorry.

Edit: Also, my ISP is a dirty wh0re, and only lets incoming packets through every few tries usually. It's really odd.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: brew on June 23, 2007, 09:40 PM
Indeed it does. Thanks for catching that, RealityRipple.
Although.... in theory it should work just like PMAC SSHR, there is no checksum formula, it's just a null string. so it would expect just any old response, right? nope. some reason it requires a valid response. eek :(
And bnls still doesn't support DRTL or DSHR, so how are we supposed to connect to these clients?

Is there even a mac version for sc japanese? lol
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Don Cullen

Quote from: brew on June 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
Eh, speaking of bnetdocs not being inaccurate, i figured today i would make an SSHR connection, and lo and behold, in the S > C 0x07 packet I get this response:

Sorry to nitpick, but the phrase "not being inaccurate" isn't accurate per se. That basically is saying the BNETDocs is accurate. The 'in' part of the inaccurate word is a prefix meaning "not", so you basically just said "not being not accurate".

Okay. Done nitpicking. :)
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Ringo

Quote from: brew on June 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
Quote from: Andy on June 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
No, it wasn't random. You were asking why it responded with null data. The reason is because it was supposed to respond with null data.
uh...
I asked why there's 2 strings in the packet instead of one, which is what bnetdocs says.  ::)
Clicky, Skywing says the officual useage of the 2nd string.
This is partly why its best to packet log the client (if possible) then compare the packet log with the documentation on bnetdocs :)

brew

Quote from: Kyro on June 24, 2007, 02:59 AM
Sorry to nitpick, but the phrase "not being inaccurate" isn't accurate per se. That basically is saying the BNETDocs is accurate. The 'in' part of the inaccurate word is a prefix meaning "not", so you basically just said "not being not accurate".
Okay. Done nitpicking. :)

oops.... typo. i would have never said that consciencously
Same thing goes for people who ask "Didn't he come to work?" and people would respond "No", but that's backwards too. Saying the negative of "someone did not come to work" means he did come to work, right? I mean... its like saying ~(~asdf).  The correct response would be "yes", but nobody seems to know what you're talking about when you respond that way. It's quite confusing, and I tend not to use bad grammar so I usually respond with the entire sentence back. :-/
Thanks for the feedback, Kyro.

@Ringo, thanks for linking me to that topic. even though, it's improperly labeled in bnetdocs as a STRING, where it really should be either two STRINGS or a STRINGLIST type. (which is defined somewhere else in bnetdocs) Hey uh... any idea on when bnetdocs is coming back up? and when people will be able to register?
<3 Zorm

Barabajagal

Saying "No, he didn't come to work" is correct. "No" would imply you add no to the beginning of the question rephrased as an answer ("Didn't he?" "He didn't"), not a falseness of the question. That'd be "No, he did", and that's not what the question asked.

brew

Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
Saying "No, he didn't come to work" is correct. "No" would imply you add no to the beginning of the question rephrased as an answer ("Didn't he?" "He didn't"), not a falseness of the question. That'd be "No, he did", and that's not what the question asked.
I'm talking about when people give those one-word answers like "yes" or "no", not an entire sentence. It's kind-of confusing. I assume you're talking about the response-prefix before the people give their actual explination, like "No, blahlbahlbalh" or "Yea, blah blah blah"
<3 Zorm

Barabajagal

I'm saying "No" implies "No, he didn't come to work", not "No, he did come to work" because the question was "Didn't he come to work?" which means "Did he not come to work?". The correct response is "No, he did not come to work", not "Yes, he did not come to work". Even though both make grammatical sense, it's a matter of syntax and common language use. No and Yes are shortened versions of an entire response. Negative questions are answered with negative answers if the question was correct.

brew

Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
it's a matter of syntax and common language use. No and Yes are shortened versions of an entire response.

The decay of western culture *sigh*

EDIT** uhm, why not use 9367 for your bnls port? also what are the client id numbers for DRTL and DSHR.... lol
<3 Zorm

Barabajagal

No, that's just the decay of the English Language. The decay of western culture is the lack of common courtesy... But I'm not going to get into that on here.

brew

yah
So i got the hashes for JSTR and i was able to make a connection without bnls, using rob's checkrevision function, and SEXP's dx buffer dump, and it worked. Woot. Dammit, bnls is just about always down. Y?
btw, i have the DRTL and DSHR hashes too, so i dont need it anymore. by the way, does anyone know how to and/or have a diablo 1 directx buffer file? (rob's format)
<3 Zorm

|