• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New top-secret 'Surface'

Started by Invert, May 30, 2007, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

While Apple releases a phone that plays music and calls it an innovative device *yawn* Microsoft is doing this...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/18928656

Imagine playing RTS games on this thing.

Edit: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

disco

God damn that's awesome.  Reminds me of the computers in Minority Report.
Say it with me:

Invert

Quote from: disco on May 30, 2007, 10:55 AM

Did you watch the video? They talk about Minority Report.

disco

Quote from: Invert on May 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Quote from: disco on May 30, 2007, 10:55 AM

Did you watch the video? They talk about Minority Report.

No I didn't.  I will now though.
Say it with me:

Barabajagal

Psh... Direct implants into the spinal column negate keyboards, mice, monitors, speakers, printers, etc.... It'll all become obsolete within the next few decades.

MyndFyre

Quote from: ·RealityRipple· on May 30, 2007, 12:38 PM
Psh... Direct implants into the spinal column negate keyboards, mice, monitors, speakers, printers, etc.... It'll all become obsolete within the next few decades.

Why don't you implant stuff into your spinal column right now?  Or are you too attached to your PLUM keyboard?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Surface was announced today. Beautiful peice of work.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Barabajagal

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 30, 2007, 02:10 PM

Why don't you implant stuff into your spinal column right now?  Or are you too attached to your PLUM keyboard?

Erm... cause it's not out for public use yet. Plus, they've only got as far as body movement so far. They have to map out more synapses sequences first. And wtf do you people have against a better keyboard layout than the outdated and obsolete QWERTY?

MyndFyre

Quote from: ·RealityRipple· on May 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 30, 2007, 02:10 PM

Erm... cause it's not out for public use yet. Plus, they've only got as far as body movement so far. They have to map out more synapses sequences first. And wtf do you people have against a better keyboard layout than the outdated and obsolete QWERTY?
It's so much better and yet they have to GIVE the keyboards to schools for free, just to get any kind of adoption?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

Beta was better than VHS. If they gave out free Betamax players, more companies might be more inclined to have supported Beta. Just because something's better doesn't mean everyone is gonna use it. People aren't sensible.

Mystical

Wow, that's indeed the future, It's like watching one of the movies from the future! now when they come out with halograms or how ever you spell it, then the future is what most of the movies expected it to be that u dream of! =)

Warrior

Quote from: ·RealityRipple· on May 30, 2007, 03:42 PM
Beta was better than VHS. If they gave out free Betamax players, more companies might be more inclined to have supported Beta. Just because something's better doesn't mean everyone is gonna use it. People aren't sensible.

You would be the kind of nonconformist to like Beta.

BetaMax was screwed because it launched with a lower recording compacity. They eventually fixed it, but it was too late. The damage had been done.

People didn't care about having high quality, if they couldn't even watch a full length movie.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

iago

I'm not sure that a spinal implant would help much for visual and sound. The spine is all about movement and sense of touch for the rest of your body, sights and sounds are sensed in your head and stay in your head. You'd probably need a head-implant (much like a "skul gun").

As for printers....... .. I don't want to know. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

They were screwed for a few reasons... but that's not the point. Beta was smaller, higher quality, etc... if you manually edit a betamax player, you can make a beta tape play at half the speed, giving you 2x the space, but 1/2 the quality, just like a VHS. Luckily for PLUM, they're not any less powerful than QWERTY keyboards, they're just less known. The point of the comparison is that people don't choose what's best, they choose what's most available.

I'm sick of you arguing with me about the most stupid, off topic things, so I'm just going to ignore your posts from here on out.

Quote from: iago on May 30, 2007, 04:47 PM

I'm not sure that a spinal implant would help much for visual and sound. The spine is all about movement and sense of touch for the rest of your body, sights and sounds are sensed in your head and stay in your head. You'd probably need a head-implant (much like a "skul gun").

As for printers....... .. I don't want to know. 

If I remember, the cerebral cortex counted as part of the spine... but that was 2nd grade, so who knows. That's the most likely place, the back of the neck. I don't own a printer. I don't see any use in them because I'm always on a computer. I use almost no paper (except for origami, but I've started using dollar bills for that instead ;) ). If everyone has a NIC attached to their brain, it'll be the same as always being at a computer, so paper usage will be greatly reduced. Also, imagine learning... "Woah, I know Kung Fu" comes to mind...