• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I had no idea...

Started by Barabajagal, May 29, 2007, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

Other Starcraft Expansion Packs?
StarCraft: Retribution
StarCraft: Insurrection
I'm downloading em both off some torrents, and I'll upload em to my site when I'm done. Did anyone else know about these?

Spht

That brings back memories ...

disco

Quote from: Spht on May 29, 2007, 09:42 AM
That brings back memories ...

Yeah.  I remeber seeing these for sale on ebay years back, but I always assumed they were just some fan created campaigns or something like that.  Never really bothered to look into them.
Say it with me:

l)ragon

Theres a few more campains that they did iirc, not sure if they were sold though.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

LordNevar

They were basically just map packs from what I remember. Other than that I never really knew too much about them.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Barabajagal

Well, Retribution finished downloading, just waiting on Insurrection now.

Warrior

They are "unofficial" addons made by other people. Retribution is quite good.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Barabajagal

Actually, it says they're both endorsed and authorized by Blizzard...

Warrior

unofficial and authorized are two distinct things..
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

LordNevar

Like Diablo - Hellfire, Blizzard authorized Sierra to make it, but officially didn't want anything to do with it.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Barabajagal

QuoteRetribution is an authorized expansion pack to StarCraft, published in 1998 by WizardWorks Software, independently from but endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment.

QuoteStarCraft: Insurrection (formally known as Insurrection: Campaigns for StarCraft) is an authorized add-on pack for StarCraft developed and published by Aztech New Media and released on July 31, 1998.

From the wiki pages I linked to. Next time, read the links a little bit. Those are the first sentences on both pages.

Warrior

Quote from: ·RealityRipple· on May 29, 2007, 05:59 PM
QuoteRetribution is an authorized expansion pack to StarCraft, published in 1998 by WizardWorks Software, independently from but endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment.

QuoteStarCraft: Insurrection (formally known as Insurrection: Campaigns for StarCraft) is an authorized add-on pack for StarCraft developed and published by Aztech New Media and released on July 31, 1998.

From the wiki pages I linked to. Next time, read the links a little bit. Those are the first sentences on both pages.

AUTHORIZED AND OFFICIAL ARE DIFFERENT THINGS. Official is when it's produced, marketed, and sold by Blizzard entertainment.

Next time, get your facts right before you try to be an asshole.  I wish I could make a machine to stick my hand through your monitor, grab your face, and bash it on your PLUM keyboard over and over.

Barabajagal

I'd say anything that's authorized and endorsed by Blizzard can be counted as official. I think you're using official incorrectly.

Warrior

Quote from: ·RealityRipple· on May 29, 2007, 06:59 PM
I'd say anything that's authorized and endorsed by Blizzard can be counted as official. I think you're using official incorrectly.

I think you're using it incorrectly. You can authorize and endorse something without it being an Official product made by Blizzard.

Do you see a special version code for Insurrection or Retribution? Do you see special Battle.net icons for it? Do you even  see any new units/tilesets added? Any new functionality?

NO. It's a goddamn map pack.

Barabajagal

It's still recognized by Blizzard as an expansion pack... that's what Authorized tends to mean in this context... recognized as part of something by the creator of said something. How much more official does it need to be for it to be official?