• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Battle.net

Started by Denial, May 19, 2007, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Since Starcraft 2 will be hosted on battle.net do you think they will go with regular account or create @azeroth or even complete new realms?

If it's hosted on regular battle.net. Does this mean we will see a comeback by [vl] on battle.net when sc2 is released if so i suggest you make sure you keep your accounts alive.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

iago

Perhaps they'll have @char, @aiur, etc. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

dude, I'd so get an @aiur account, that'd be awesome.

Denial

I was curious because if they do normal ways IE: @Useast this means illegal accounts would go up in price. Not saying it's right to sell them im just saying. Although they would have to add new channels and such for starcraft 2 as well then if they make @azeroth Maybe We can have @kerrigan

Spht

No way you're going to be able to use your old Battle.net accounts with StarCraft II

Expect to see a new namespace

Denial

Does that mean they will create a new type of clan channel? I know they said updates will be added to battle.net. I wonder if i can learn any more info on the changes they will make. Also there is a good chance i will have sc2 beta invites a few of them. When beta is announced.

KrewL RaiN

I really hope they have better moderation ability's in clan channels for SC2 (which they will probably have). Its like a must have to have a moderation bot if you have high traffic in your channel... eg Clan TDA.

rabbit

I hope they finally get with it and implement a ChanServ style moderation system.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Quote from: rabbit on May 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
I hope they finally get with it and implement a ChanServ style moderation system.

They will, and basically eliminate the need for the many automod features that moderation bots have

Can effectively say good-bye to flood bots and other forms of channel attacks/annoyances too

Newby

Quote from: Spht on May 19, 2007, 09:20 PM
Can effectively say good-bye to flood bots

And moderation bots, too. And say hello to eggdrops perhaps? :P
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

Good, Battle.net has needed an overhaul for a while now. I was playing Starcraft today and going back to Battle.net feels like a step backwards.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Denial

Quote from: tumeria on May 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
Quote from: Denial on May 19, 2007, 05:45 PM
I was curious because if they do normal ways IE: @Useast this means illegal accounts would go up in price. Not saying it's right to sell them im just saying. Although they would have to add new channels and such for starcraft 2 as well then if they make @azeroth Maybe We can have @kerrigan

Nobody buys accounts

Quote from: Denial on May 19, 2007, 05:48 PM
Does that mean they will create a new type of clan channel? I know they said updates will be added to battle.net. I wonder if i can learn any more info on the changes they will make. Also there is a good chance i will have sc2 beta invites a few of them. When beta is announced.

I hope english isn't your first language

You must be new to this forum.

You must be new to bnet as well. Selling of accounts has gone on since 2001.

And spht in regards to chanserv type system that could be an option but how will they impliment that into bnet without ruining Private, op, clan , Public channels.

Spht is yours an opinion or do you have inside insight in the matters?

vuther.de

Quote from: Spht on May 19, 2007, 09:20 PM
Quote from: rabbit on May 19, 2007, 08:02 PM

They will, and basically eliminate the need for the many automod features that moderation bots have

Can effectively say good-bye to flood bots and other forms of channel attacks/annoyances too
You're saying that as if you know it will happen. Got any proof to backup what you say?

rabbit

Quote from: Denial on May 19, 2007, 10:03 PM
And spht in regards to chanserv type system that could be an option but how will they impliment that into bnet without ruining Private, op, clan , Public channels.

Spht is yours an opinion or do you have inside insight in the matters?
Register a channel, get a ChanServ?  Same way it's done on IRC.  Not hard.  Obviously nobody would be allowed to register public channels, private channels are...not open to the public, op channels would stay the same, and clan channels would get ChanServ (ClanServ?  Heh).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

disco

WHAT ABOUT THE GOD DAMNED GEM!?
Say it with me: