• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Booleans

Started by brew, May 06, 2007, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Barabajagal

Sorry, I never have and never will see any value in comments within a program. If it's really that important, put it in a text file and give it to the people who can't figure it out on their own. I'd personally much rather discover how everything about something works than have someone tell me.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: R?alityRippl? on May 07, 2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry, I never have and never will see any value in comments within a program. If it's really that important, put it in a text file and give it to the people who can't figure it out on their own. I'd personally much rather discover how everything about something works than have someone tell me.

You have no idea what is going on, do you?

Barabajagal

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on May 07, 2007, 01:10 PM
Quote from: R?alityRippl? on May 07, 2007, 12:53 PM
You have no idea what is going on, do you?
"Wot?"

tumeria

And that's the very reason why you'll never do anything more complex than a chatter bot

brew

Quote from: tumeria on May 07, 2007, 04:44 PM
And that's the very reason why you'll never do anything more complex than a chatter bot
Because he doesn't use comments? I don't either.
I'm sorry, I thought making a chatter bot acually required a bit more work then you thought. Especially considering you have to learn the entire BNCS protocol, find a way to pass the logon (especially since bnet's version verification has changed), and sending/parsing/implementing just about 150+ packets while doing all this using Windows Socket APIs.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Banana fanna fo fanna

creating a chatterbot without bnls is tough; with bnls it's rather trivial. someday you will learn this the hard way.

Barabajagal

What if you make your own logon server? ;)

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: brew on May 07, 2007, 05:52 PM
Quote from: tumeria on May 07, 2007, 04:44 PM
Because he doesn't use comments? I don't either.
I'm sorry, I thought making a chatter bot acually required a bit more work then you thought. Especially considering you have to learn the entire BNCS protocol, find a way to pass the logon (especially since bnet's version verification has changed), and sending/parsing/implementing just about 150+ packets while doing all this using Windows Socket APIs.

bnetdocs, winsock control (assuming VB use), BNLS/BNCSUtil. all you need to know is how to use them.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Warrior

Are you seriously saying you don't see the point in comments?

So you know every algorithm for every possible programming situation? You need to comment things like that.

What if you havn't touched that peice of code in years? (As is common in complex programming projects) What then? I guess you'll be in for a long night of guess work if you have no comments.

I now hold you in the same position I hold brew in when it comes to programming (Not good).
I think you seriously rethink your position.

Anyone who agrees with Reality is wrong and a horrible programmer. End of story.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Mystical

Try write local hashing with out using a library that someone else wrote ie; bncsutil.dll ect.. then you can say writting a bot is some work.

Barabajagal

I don't really give a shit what you think of my abilities. I know what I'm capable of, and I know my own memory well enough to know I can remember programs I wrote when I was 8 on a C128 in BASIC 7.2.

Warrior

Quote from: RεalityRipplε on May 07, 2007, 07:11 PM
I don't really give a shit what you think of my abilities. I know what I'm capable of, and I know my own memory well enough to know I can remember programs I wrote when I was 8 on a C128 in BASIC 7.2.

That's cool, no one cares what you did with a shitty language at 8 years old. You say it every other post, it's impressive for an 8 year old ok. There you happy?

That still doesn't change the fact that you lack an understanding of something as fundemental to programming as commenting code.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

tumeria

Obviously fancies himself to be a good programmer, and even got some expensive pieces of paper with type on it reaffirming it.

Really too bad you won't get anywhere by having memorised the Interface Coding Standards for Visual Basic 6

Barabajagal

It's not fundamental, it's a waste of storage space. And those interface standards are for any program you make in any language for any system. If you don't follow them, you'll confuse your users.

MysT_DooM

i comment, it helps me remember

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

|