• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Next CS version.

Started by Invert, January 29, 2003, 10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/articles.php/117/

I know there is a post below about it, but people should check the preview out.

Etheran

Has anybody played the beta yet?  It's really quite good.

Yoni

I heard it sux. Haven't played it though.

MrRaza

to bad its a beta..

beaver

Etheran

j0k3r

It's the counter-strike v1.6 update. The update is essentially the exact same thing as the Condition Zero you will be able to purchase in stores, with the exception that you will not have single player missions available and you will not have the higher detailed models.

The beta is the update beta, not the retail beta.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Naem

no.. CZ comes with different weapons and stuff ;p
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

j0k3r

Yes, CS 1.6 is in essence Condition Zero as I said...
I can't find a quote at the momment so I'll just hand you the site, look around I'm sure you can find it somewhere.
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/csinfo/next.csn
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

dxoigmn

Quote from: j0k3r on July 01, 2003, 07:08 PM
Yes, CS 1.6 is in essence Condition Zero as I said...
I can't find a quote at the momment so I'll just hand you the site, look around I'm sure you can find it somewhere.
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/csinfo/next.csn

No it's not.  CS 1.6 doesn't have single player missions like CZ will have which, in IMO, makes CZ what it is.  They're migrating towards CZ, but they're not fully there; and that's only so people who buy CZ can play online.

Naem

CZ's going to be useless, since CS2 is already in development based on the Source engine.
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

j0k3r

Quote from: j0k3r on July 01, 2003, 03:57 PM
It's the counter-strike v1.6 update. The update is essentially the exact same thing as the Condition Zero you will be able to purchase in stores, with the exception that you will not have single player missions available and you will not have the higher detailed models.

The beta is the update beta, not the retail beta.

Reading helps  ;)

Naem, I'd like to see some evidence towards that...
John Vo

dxoigmn

Quote from: j0k3r on July 02, 2003, 08:46 AM
Reading helps  ;)

Yes I know, but my point was and still is that the only reason people are going to buy CZ is for the single player missions.  Also, what about new/updated maps?  Or the LAW? Or the blowtorch?  Or the reskined weapons?  I highly doubt this 1.6 beta will become Condition Zero.  Condition Zero is a completely different game with different tactics and organization.  Too add to that, Ritualistic announced that "Valve plans to integrate CS with CZ by releasing Counter-Strike 1.7." http://www.ritualistic.com/news/archive/individualday.php3?day=01&month=04&year=2003

j0k3r

I don't know how many times I have to say this...
1.6 is essentially CS:CZ with the exception of a few things, the models (player and gun) are not as high detailed... There will be no single player in CS1.6 due to size issues I'd guess, and apparently (news to me) some maps.
Owners of either can play with each other as long as they stay off the Condition Zero-exclusive maps

Everything else will be the same, weapons and all. I don't know what it means with the 1.7 patch but I do know that except for that one source, all of the other times I've read and been toled, CS1.6 is CZ. Anyways nothing can be certain until we actually see the patch, and the game.

However, I am looking forward to HL2 far more than CS:CZ. I downloaded the trailer... Had to change my shorts if you get my drift.
John Vo

dxoigmn

Quote from: j0k3r on July 02, 2003, 10:15 PM
However, I am looking forward to HL2 far more than CS:CZ. I downloaded the trailer... Had to change my shorts if you get my drift.

As am I.  But knowing Valve's track record...I'm not that hyped up.