• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL data display

Started by Barabajagal, February 15, 2007, 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

I'm adding support for Warcraft III Stats information (SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL), but I've never played enough of the game to understand how all this information is displayed.The main problem is  the "XP Decay"... I'm guessing to get to the next level, you need more experience, but that a certain amount of experience disappears after a certain amount of time, which I guess is that blue bar behind the level on profiles/web profiles. How the hell does this work?

Also, is there a way to get all the Profile Images (like this one) from the server? I noticed the 0x09 subcommand ID (Icon list request), but there's no info on the result.

Spht

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
Also, is there a way to get all the Profile Images (like this one) from the server? I noticed the 0x09 subcommand ID (Icon list request), but there's no info on the result.

Well the folder and filename correspond to the game and the user's icon, both of which is available when you request info on a user, so you can just download them from the website.  May be good idea to cache them as they are downloaded to save bandwidth

MyndFyre

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm adding support for Warcraft III Stats information (SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL), but I've never played enough of the game to understand how all this information is displayed.The main problem is  the "XP Decay"... I'm guessing to get to the next level, you need more experience, but that a certain amount of experience disappears after a certain amount of time, which I guess is that blue bar behind the level on profiles/web profiles. How the hell does this work?

Here's a Warcraft III profile display in an old, old version of a bot that was privately used by my old clan:

XP decay happens once you hit level 10 - after a certain amount of non-play, you lose experience.  That's the "Hours to XP decay" field documented in BnetDocs.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

I already have my interface designed, I just don't understand how XP Decay and that blue progress bar work. Someone with an XP Decay of "5 Days" in their web profile returned "11" as an XP Decay result.

Working on parsing the 0x09 response, since http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Section=m&Code=440 gives no info on it.

Here's what I have so far:

Quote from: SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL_0x09
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) Unknown (0)
(BYTE) Tiers? (5/6 [depending on war3/w3xp])
(BYTE) Icon Count
For each icon
- (DWORD) Icon [W3XX]
- (DWORD) Name [nmyr, hrif, etc..]
- (BYTE) Race (From 0 to 4/5, Random, Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf [, Tournament])
- (WORD) Minimum game win requirement.
- (BYTE) Unknown(0)

Note that it skips tier 1 altogether, because it's always the grunt icon.

A few other notes... These only work for the client you're currently on (WAR3 users can only get War3 info, W3XP only gets w3xp). Also, I've been randomly getting timed out when downloading some of the icons (probably cause I'm on dial up).

MyndFyre edit: combined a triple post.  Please utilize the "modify" feature.

EDIT: Sorry for the multiple posting...

Perhaps the unknown byte is whether or not the icon can be used? I can't test this, as I don't have a working copy of Warcraft III. Maybe someone else can test it for me?

Barabajagal

Sorry for double-posting, but I have two more questions (and a restate of a question)...

Does the actual client download the character images from the bnet site (like http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/portraits/animated/w3xp/W3O1.gif for peon)? or do they get them some other way?

I take it from your screen shot that Tournament scores don't count in the total. Is that correct? I can't seem to view web profiles currently (every profile i try to view or search for returns with an error).

Restate: What do the bars behind the level on games mean?

UserLoser

No, it'd be stupid to download from the webserver.  They're obviously found in War3's MPQ files

Barabajagal

So it's not likely that they'll change. That's one more question cleared up. Danke.

I think I'll still download and cache them, since the icons are only viewed by Warcraft III users, and only some of the icons are seen.

MyndFyre

Either way, have the program download them, don't download them and include them in your application.  While this may break the application in the future, at least you wouldn't be violating copyright issues.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

Well, that's one reason... but the main one is that all the W3XP icons come to 1.5 megs zipped, which (including WAR3 icons) would nearly triple the size of my program.

Now I've got to add Icon Changing to my ToDo list... I'll come back to the level progress bar later... Thanks for your help UserLoser  and MyndFyre. You've both been wonderfully helpful.

Ersan

That field doesn't appear to be "Hours until XP decay" based on my research back when I cared, I have no idea what it is, but it's definitely not hours until XP decay.

QuoteRestate: What do the bars behind the level on games mean?
What bars?
EDIT: Oh the blue bar is just progress to the next level.  It probably has something to do with the unidentified byte.

Barabajagal

All this would be a lot easier if I could view web profiles and find out what people's stats on there show up as. However, whenever I go to a web profile, I get an error from blizzard. Can anyone else view web profiles, or at least tell me why I can't?

Edit: In fact, clan profiles don't show up either...

Ersan

No, they aren't working at the moment, even if you could view them they're usually several hours behind actual statistics, why would it be 'easier'?  You need to get Warcraft 3...

Barabajagal

At the moment, getting warcraft 3 is not possible. The lag time does not matter, as I can view profiles of users who are offline, so their stats will be correct.

Ersan

It's quite possible, and apparently ladder stats have been down for several days now, so don't expect them to work anytime soon...  You can't see them because they aren't working, end of story.

brew

heh, speaking of which, did anyone notice how you can't "http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-clan-profile.aspx?Gateway=gatewayhere&ClanTag=taghere" it anymore.. it returns an "unexpected error":(
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P