• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Best TV Shows!

Started by Hell-Lord, February 05, 2007, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell-Lord

I believe the best show is 24 any other opinions? Please no movies.

rabbit

If by best you mean most predictable, I'd agree.

It's a hard pick.  Scrubs is pretty good, but Modern Marvels is pretty awesome too...
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

topaz

Heroes
House
CSI M/L/NY
Criminal Minds

RLY...?

MysT_DooM

Smallville
The Office
Scrubs
Monk

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Barabajagal

Television needs to die. It's for lazy people who don't want to bother thinking. When I don't want to think, I go on a walk. If everyone did that, we wouldn't have this "overweight country" problem. People are stupid.
But Lost still owns.

topaz

The same way that people and holidays suck, that children aren't human, and letting a coder instantaniate variables that aren't going to be used, right?

Television is for entertainment. You are a failure. That is all
RLY...?

Yegg

Quote from: topaz on February 05, 2007, 09:17 PM
The same way that people and holidays suck, that children aren't human, and letting a coder instantaniate variables that aren't going to be used, right?

One of the rare moments in which I fully agree with topaz? Yes.

Barabajagal

Quote from: topaz on February 05, 2007, 09:17 PM

instantaniate isn't a word. Children are human, fetuses are parasites. Everything else is pretty much right. Btw, by your reasoning, Dim shouldn't exist either, because you can dimension variables and then not use them.

topaz

Guess I made that one up, huhu. You were pretty clear about how children (fetuses included) are parasites. There is no "by my reasoning" -- the coder, in this case, unintentionally creates a variable by misspelling another one. What kind of retard comes up with that? It's pretty close to being as bad as OEGN
RLY...?

disco

Say it with me:

Barabajagal

you're assuming that programmers will make mistakes and not notice them. Can we keep that argument out of this topic, though?

Anyway, some other shows I see occasionally that don't make me want to projectile vomit include House, Monk, and Agatha Christie's Poirot.

topaz

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 05, 2007, 10:35 PM
you're assuming that programmers will make mistakes and not notice them. Can we keep that argument out of this topic, though?

Anyway, some other shows I see occasionally that don't make me want to projectile vomit include House, Monk, and Agatha Christie's Poirot.

But they do -- take Tazo, for one. Look at the topic in the VB6 forum for more details
RLY...?

FrOzeN

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 05, 2007, 09:02 PMTelevision needs to die. It's for lazy people who don't want to bother thinking. When I don't want to think, I go on a walk. If everyone did that, we wouldn't have this "overweight country" problem. People are stupid.
No. Just, no.

TV is for entertainment, as well as a source of information (note I'm not suggesting always accurate, or unbiased). You don't see people in Japan getting fat, and I'm sure they have plenty of televisions to go round. Walking is boring, not many people would rather walk than enjoy watching television.

[EDIT] As for TV shows, I don't really watch television, at all. Though, when I do I'd say Scrubs and Prison Break would be the best.
~ FrOzeN

Hell-Lord

Quote from: topaz on February 05, 2007, 08:38 PM
Heroes
House
CSI M/L/NY
Criminal Minds

Yea heroes and House are also very good shows.

Arta

The new season of Rome is great so far. Mythbusters too :)