• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

SSHR Gateway

Started by Barabajagal, February 04, 2007, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

How do you change the gateway Starcraft Shareware connects to?

l)ragon

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 04, 2007, 07:12 PM
How do you change the gateway Starcraft Shareware connects to?
IIRC it use's a list in the registry, and connects to the fastest one.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Barabajagal

I need to make it connect to 127.0.0.1. I've added 127.0.0.1 to the gateway list (which should be the fastest since it's a 0ms connection time), but it doesn't connect to it. Should I get rid of all the other options?

l)ragon

Could try that, but dont forget to make a registry backup of that list lol.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Barabajagal

Apparently, it doesn't. It still connected to USWest when all that was in there was:
LOCAL

l)ragon

That was with editing "HKEYLM//battle.net//Configuration//Server List" ?

Barabajagal

current user. Local Machine just has "exodus.battle.net" in the server list field.

l2k-Shadow

Perhaps it uses a list from battle.snp like old starcraft beta did. Try looking for IPs in battle.snp with a hex editor.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

l)ragon

I don't have it installed atm so if somone else dosent answer befor hand then I'll message you on AIM lateron when I do.

Barabajagal

209.67.136.167;209.1.214.54;207.200.73.73Ping List ,;209.67.136.170;exodus.battle.net

that's around 022000 in battle.snp...

l)ragon

Anyways the answer without hacking the battle.snp was, set exodus.battle.net to connect to 127.0.0.1 within the host file located in your system folder.

Skywing

I believe that you would also have success in setting the old REG_SZ "Server List" in the appropriate key under HKLM.  Starcraft Shareware has not been updated for a long time, and does not use the new-style "Battle.net Gateways" server selection system.

l)ragon

Quote from: Skywing on February 05, 2007, 09:07 AM
I believe that you would also have success in setting the old REG_SZ "Server List" in the appropriate key under HKLM.  Starcraft Shareware has not been updated for a long time, and does not use the new-style "Battle.net Gateways" server selection system.
What was the path of that key?

Barabajagal

If you mean HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE//battle.net//Configuration//Server List, I've tried that, and it doesn't change anything.

Ringo

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 04, 2007, 08:04 PM
209.67.136.167;209.1.214.54;207.200.73.73Ping List ,;209.67.136.170;exodus.battle.net

that's around 022000 in battle.snp...
Since lockdown, changing the string in Battle.snp wont work properly, due to failed version checks. (most likely caused by a modifyed battle.snp)

Also, I think* (Its been awhile) if you want to connect SSHR to a custom gateway, you need to do it on another system, because SSHR Doesnt like it when port 6112 is inuse.

I take it your trying to get the version check values?
Just SendKeys(chr$(13)) on a timer, and have your program capture the values when SSHR connects to west and does the version check -- its just gonner take along time, thats all :P