• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Saddam Hussein sentenced to death by hanging

Started by Hero, November 05, 2006, 04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero

Ahh, it's about time! Some people are starting to say that the U.S. mid term elections have something to do with the time he was sentenced.

This is "breaking news" right now but this seems to be the only article out so far, will probably be lots more later:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/05/dujail.saddam/

iago

Good to see that they're setting an example in Iraq: remember Iraqi people, violence is NOT the answer.   Errr.. ok, violence is sometimes the answer.  Ok, how's this: violence is only the answer when it's not violence against the US?

My point is, they're trying to discourage terrorism and killing in Iraq, yet it's ok that their leader got sentenced to be hanged?  Capital punishment teaches people that murder/killing IS an answer, and that's the wrong lesson. 

In my opinion, at the very least, they should have sentenced him to life in prison, then then people forgot about it disappear him.   
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

topaz

Why does everything always have to be reduced to partisan politics? Maybe it's justice thats being served...
RLY...?

iago

Partisan politics?  Killing somebody isn't justice.  Killing somebody is revenge. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on November 05, 2006, 11:50 AM
In my opinion, at the very least, they should have sentenced him to life in prison, then then people forgot about it disappear him.   
In a lot of cases, revenge is the only closure some people can find.  This guy killed millions of people in Iraq.  He has devastated millions of lives.  He turned what was once a rather wealthy country into a miserable place to live, for the most part.

Had we caught Hitler alive, should we have kept him alive?

How about Osama?

I'm having trouble thinking of other examples right now, but you get my drift.

When does it become not wrong, if ever?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

topaz

Quote from: iago on November 05, 2006, 01:37 PM
Partisan politics? 

Some people are starting to say that the U.S. mid term elections have something to do with the time he was sentenced.

Quote from: iago on November 05, 2006, 01:37 PM
Killing somebody isn't justice.  Killing somebody is revenge. 

Leaving him to rot in a jail cell for thirty years is revenge too.

Either way, it's state sanctioned murder. No way about it, might as well pick and choose.
RLY...?

Arta

His crime is of such severity that no punishment is adequate. I think that sitting in jail till he dies of natural causes would be a better punishment than execution, but there we are.

hismajesty

Yeah, iago, but the death penalty is terrorism and all.

Quote"the unlawful use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives."

Oh, wait, it's not.

topaz

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 05, 2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, iago, but the death penalty is terrorism and all.

Quote"the unlawful use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives."

Oh, wait, it's not.

wtf?
RLY...?

Warrior

Good. I hope he hangs for a while before he dies.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Hero

Invert

Iraqis sentenced an Iraqi murderer to death.

These self-serving and self-righteous organizations and people condemn the execution of this poor man. Justice was not served because they say so!

Chinese sentence a farmer to death because his neighbor was jealous of him and made up lies that he was for conspiring to topple the Chinese communist government. About 15,000 people are executed a year by the Chinese government.

No one cares.

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

I despise these self-serving and self-righteous people; they are the cancer in once society.

Hero

Quote from: Invert on November 06, 2006, 12:19 PM
Chinese sentence a farmer to death because his neighbor was jealous of him and made up lies that he was for conspiring to topple the Chinese communist government. About 15,000 people are executed a year by the Chinese government.
Source?

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Warrior on November 05, 2006, 04:44 PM
Good. I hope he hangs for a while before he dies.

They need to stand him on a platform resting on a hydrolic jack, that goes down around two feet over 12 hours, causing intense pain but not killing him for a long time.

Or better yet nail him to a cross. People don't bleed to death from crucifixion, they either suffocate or get lead poisioning (suffocation comes if they're tied down, poisioning if their nailed down).

Or nail his dick to a stump and make him starve.

EDIT -
Made first idea more clear, and added third.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.