• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Deciding on which monitor?

Started by FrOzeN, October 24, 2006, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrOzeN

Samsung 204B 20" (Black - not silver as showed in link)

-or-

ViewSonic VX2235wm 22" Widescreen

I haven't looked into the second one much, but would it be good for gaming? Mainly games such as: CSS, Half Life 2, FEAR, etc..

Thoughts?
~ FrOzeN

topaz

RLY...?

FrOzeN

~ FrOzeN

topaz

RLY...?

Akamas

For starters, Dell makes terrible monitors, I advise against getting anything Dell. Myself and friends have had really bad experiences with Dell products (mainly monitors) and their terrible customer service department.

In my opinion and from past experience, ViewSonic produce really high quality, if not the best monitors on the market.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

topaz

Quote from: Akamas on October 24, 2006, 09:57 PM
For starters, Dell makes terrible monitors, I advise against getting anything Dell. Myself and friends have had really bad experiences with Dell products (mainly monitors) and their terrible customer service department.

In my opinion and from past experience, ViewSonic produce really high quality, if not the best monitors on the market.

Dell's monitors are usually rebranded, with product testing (thats what you're paying for, really), and they've been great from everyone I've been told that use them. For one, I know several members on this board use them regularly. Now, if you're going to bash Dell desktops, thats ok, but Dell monitors are one of their offerings that are high quality. The tech support is iffy, but it's offshore - nothing you can do about that.
RLY...?

Akamas

I was just explaining from my experience, the customer service was terrible and when I recieved the monitor the DVI cable was clipped. In addition, on my friends monitor which he ordered Dell direct, the panel was cracked and it took over 6 weeks to recieve a replacement one.

Stealth

I'm looking into the beautiful eyes of a Dell 2005FPW right now, and I love it. It's been lugged to LAN parties, left on most of the time, without so much as a hiccup.

If you want US tech support on Dell systems, order them from their Small Business department. I'm not sure if you can get US tech support for Dell monitors if you buy them without an attached computer system, but my only experiences with Dell support have been reasonably smooth.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Grok

CNET has a comparison of the 2005FPW with a couple others, including Viewsonic.
http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_2005FPW/4540-3174_7-31232082-4.html?tag=sub

Looks like from the summary the Viewsonic is on top and the Dell on bottom.

topaz

Quote from: Grok on October 25, 2006, 05:43 PM

Builtin speakers? nothx
RLY...?

TehUser

Akamas

Quote from: Grok on October 25, 2006, 05:43 PM

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm not surprised, ViewSonic produces the highest quality products.

SNiFFeR

This is the one I have and it does the job fairly well. Although I haven't really compared other LCD's.

l)ragon

*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*