• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Computer hang / lag

Started by Denial, October 21, 2006, 03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Is there a way to see why a computer is lagging. Ever since i installed internet explorer 8 my computer started to lag really bad but i uninstalled it and restarted a few times and it still hangs/lags. Programs take a while to load and such it's weird was wondering what's up with my computer never had that problem in the past even my music takes like 20 seconds to load when i click to play a song any idea or programs or place to log to see what's the matter.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

rabbit

8? O.O

Anyway, defrag & virus scan are always two good choices.  That and get a new computer/upgrade.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Denial

It isnt the computer itself it only started to happen a few days ago this computer is well enough to not lag on simple programs.

IE. taking like 5 seconds to open a picure
IE. taking like 20 seconds to open control panel

topaz

Quote from: Denial on October 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
Is there a way to see why a computer is lagging. Ever since i installed internet explorer 8 my computer started to lag really bad but i uninstalled it and restarted a few times and it still hangs/lags. Programs take a while to load and such it's weird was wondering what's up with my computer never had that problem in the past even my music takes like 20 seconds to load when i click to play a song any idea or programs or place to log to see what's the matter.

I bet it'll stop if you stop cybering and roleplaying with sixteen year old gamers who hang in your channel, Dave.
RLY...?

Explicit

Quote from: topaz on October 21, 2006, 04:11 PM
Quote from: Denial on October 21, 2006, 03:53 PM

I bet it'll stop if you stop cybering and roleplaying with sixteen year old gamers who hang in your channel, Dave.

Are you upset because you were one of them?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Denial

i only cyber with 1 girl thank you very much! and many people think shes my bot!

MysT_DooM

get urself a process viewer and see whats running in the backround

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Denial

any suggestions of which program? that do the whole version and not a stupid trial version.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Denial