• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Php Script help needed.

Started by Final, October 16, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final

Ok so i was wondering is it possible to create a mpg-4 converter like you upload a file and it converts it into a mpg-4 using php.
It dosent have to be php i just need something that can convert a file to mpeg-4. But it does have to be for use on website.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Banana fanna fo fanna

would be slow as hell to write in pure php. would be easiest to call out to an external dll or exe

rabbit

Even still, video conversions take a while.  Plus, they are CPU intensive.  You'd need maaaaaad processing power to handle multiple simultaneous conversions.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Final

Is their a code thats already made cuz i have no were to start on this.

Explicit

It seems to me like you're always asking for pre-coded stuff...
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

topaz

Quote from: Final on October 17, 2006, 11:32 PM
Is their a code thats already made cuz i have no were to start on this.

lol
RLY...?

Final

lol well yah i guess its just some stuff ive never heard of how to do so sorry i wont post again. if it bothers valhalla

Invert

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 18, 2006, 12:34 AM

Why re-invent the wheel? Re-coding is a waste of time. People that re-code things that have already been coded and available are idiots, morons, fucking cock sucking homosexuals. Are you a cock sucking homosexual?

So what is wrong with asking for pre-coded stuff?

Warrior

Quote from: Invert on October 23, 2006, 11:50 AM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 18, 2006, 12:34 AM

Why re-invent the wheel? Re-coding is a waste of time. People that re-code things that have already been coded and available are idiots, morons, fucking cock sucking homosexuals. Are you a cock sucking homosexual?

So what is wrong with asking for pre-coded stuff?

Well there is the issue of conflicting licenses but that's something else completely. I'd take a wild guess and say maybe the programmer would like to find out how something worked. I'd think of it more as reinventing the wheel but improving it in the process.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Invert

Quote from: Warrior on October 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
Well there is the issue of conflicting licenses but that's something else completely. I'd take a wild guess and say maybe the programmer would like to find out how something worked. I'd think of it more as reinventing the wheel but improving it in the process.

"Well there is the issue of conflicting licenses blah blah blah blah blah..." Yeah, it's completely something else and has nothing to do with this thread. ARrrrrrr (I said it just like the cool pirates do).

I assumed the same thing, he wants to learn from the code.

Warrior

Quote from: Invert on October 23, 2006, 06:12 PM

"Well there is the issue of conflicting licenses blah blah blah blah blah..." Yeah, it's completely something else and has nothing to do with this thread. ARrrrrrr (I said it just like the cool pirates do).

The licensing thing is relevant, and it is a real issue. It's just too big of an issue for me to want to discuss.

You can only learn so much from code, I'd rather code something my self as opposed to just using prewritten code. What happens when you need to refine and extend the code? You're screwed.

Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Invert

Quote from: Warrior on October 23, 2006, 06:28 PM

The licensing thing is relevant, and it is a real issue. It's just too big of an issue for me to want to discuss.

You can only learn so much from code, I'd rather code something my self as opposed to just using prewritten code. What happens when you need to refine and extend the code? You're screwed.

Mr. Imbecile:

You can say that raging homosexuals are also relevant to this discussion because in your fucked up head you can link this thread to your father raping you when you were re-writing stdio.h since it was pre-written to refine it!

Pay attention degenerate! This kid was asking for code to learn something, he was not looking to pirate anything thats fucking licensed.

You're screwed!

P.S. Don't go shoot yourself because you feel angry and depressed after reading my post, I just say these things on the forums for entertainment purposes.

Warrior

Quote from: Invert on October 23, 2006, 08:30 PM
Quote from: Warrior on October 23, 2006, 06:28 PM

Mr. Imbecile:

You can say that raging homosexuals are also relevant to this discussion because in your fucked up head you can link this thread to your father raping you when you were re-writing stdio.h since it was pre-written to refine it!

Pay attention degenerate! This kid was asking for code to learn something, he was not looking to pirate anything thats fucking licensed.

You're screwed!

P.S. Don't go shoot yourself because you feel angry and depressed after reading my post, I just say these things on the forums for entertainment purposes.

Whatever bud, I'm not going to continue this with you. You're obviously not able to continue this argument.

warz

All it comes down to is how quickly you plan on releasing a final product, or how quickly you personally need the final product. If there's no deadline, by all means, take as long as you want and rewrite whatever you want. If you intend to release something quickly, then using prewritten code is probably not such a bad idea.