• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

S -> C 0x50?

Started by Abolition, September 24, 2006, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat Food

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on September 25, 2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, however, Left$(PktBuff, PacketLength) does not return a number.

Msgbox Val#(Left$("23",2))

Better? Comprende?

topaz

Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 25, 2006, 12:16 AM

Better? Comprende?

The point is, you're not supposed to do it. Val# returns a Double (which is a float, iirc), whereas it expects a Long.
RLY...?

Spilled

Cat Food

Quote from: topaz on September 25, 2006, 12:31 AM
Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 25, 2006, 12:16 AM

Better? Comprende?

The point is, you're not supposed to do it. Val# returns a Double (which is a float, iirc), whereas it expects a Long.

That it does, I was just trying to state that it doesn't matter if you do that to a string. As I said before the coding was whacked. By the way, I find it very funny how you people look this up before saying something, it's like its battle of the wits after googling information. I'm not flaming any person when I say that either, just saying.

Although yes it should of been common sense on my part. I was wrong, I don't have a problem admitting to that unlike a lot of people.

topaz

Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 25, 2006, 03:07 AM
That it does, I was just trying to state that it doesn't matter if you do that to a string. As I said before the coding was whacked. By the way, I find it very funny how you people look this up before saying something, it's like its battle of the wits after googling information. I'm not flaming any person when I say that either, just saying.

Of course, we don't like making up stuff.
RLY...?

|