• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

API to get local IP?

Started by GSX, September 21, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Bad Shadow!  You stole Winsock2 library call definitions and properly tabbed and rather efficient code from a public source code site/Fleet-!  How could you?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Cat Food

Quote from: rabbit on September 23, 2006, 08:26 AM
Bad Shadow!  You stole Winsock2 library call definitions and properly tabbed and rather efficient code from a public source code site/Fleet-!  How could you?

It's the exact coding down to the mark. I don't think you should throw your name all over something if all you did was copy and paste. Which he just implied he did. C&P must be the new way to code today then I guess everyone must be 1-3-3-7.

PS: GJ on counting those, 5 api calls, as you would say l2k-shadow. Maybe all you need now is a calender, American 3 years must work differently from czech 3 yrs.

rabbit

I'm going to assume that you're talking about schooling, in which case the "American 3 years" is wrong.  We go by 4 year blocks.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Cat Food

Quote from: rabbit on September 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm going to assume that you're talking about schooling, in which case the "American 3 years" is wrong.  We go by 4 year blocks.

No I was referring to the comment he said where he has been programming for 3 years. Which is very untrue. Why say such a stupid comment I really have no Idea. Unless he has been doing work aside from battlenet before, but from his work I'm going to say no.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 23, 2006, 04:25 PM

No I was referring to the comment he said where he has been programming for 3 years. Which is very untrue. Why say such a stupid comment I really have no Idea. Unless he has been doing work aside from battlenet before, but from his work I'm going to say no.

lol? Do you know me? I was under the impression I alone knew how long I have been programming, not someone who lives thousands of kilometers away. <sarcasm>I mean seeing your work is just clearly obvious you don't rip code</sarcasm>

lngLen = Val#("&H" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(strBuffer(Index), 3, 2))))

Is a very efficient way how to grab a WORD.

ServerToken = Val#("&h" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(Data, 9, 4))))

Is a very efficient way on how to grab a DWORD.

Oh and i'm sure you actually made that yourself, not taken from public source codes. Hypocrite. And you accuse me of ripping for using 5 API calls from winsock2 library. You need to learn how to code bud.

Mod lock this topic please.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

rabbit

Those grabs are from Feanor's TCPConnection class (big surprise, right?).

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: rabbit on September 23, 2006, 04:48 PM

:o :o omg really? I would have never imagined such a thing...
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Cat Food

Quote from: rabbit on September 23, 2006, 04:48 PM

I have no idea, it isn't mine though. I just grabbed it from an open source project as an example.
Not to mention you don't see, "' by Imawh0re" anywhere on it do you?

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on September 23, 2006, 04:41 PM
Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 23, 2006, 04:25 PM

lol? Do you know me? I was under the impression I alone knew how long I have been programming, not someone who lives thousands of kilometers away. <sarcasm>I mean seeing your work is just clearly obvious you don't rip code</sarcasm>

lngLen = Val#("&H" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(strBuffer(Index), 3, 2))))

Is a very efficient way how to grab a WORD.

ServerToken = Val#("&h" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(Data, 9, 4))))

Is a very efficient way on how to grab a DWORD.

Oh and i'm sure you actually made that yourself, not taken from public source codes. Hypocrite. And you accuse me of ripping for using 5 API calls from winsock2 library. You need to learn how to code bud.

Mod lock this topic please.

Are you done gloating because you think you have accomplished something when you havn't, as stated above. And I know to do my research before accusing a person of something. How about that key tester of yours l2k-shadow, that is if I do recall, a duplicate of an open source keytester.

l2k-Shadow

No but I do see "Element Chat v2.0  Þ  By Fleet-" on it.

Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate? And you get that information from *looks around* where?

Cat Food

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on September 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
No but I do see "Element Chat v2.0  Þ  By Fleet-" on it.

Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate? And you get that information from *looks around* where?

Take it up with fleet- then, I have looked through the source and it seems very original. I have also looked through many other sources of his which appear original as well. The only thing I noticed was that the connection seemed similar. But then again there are only so many ways you can connect to battle.net. So even if you do write every single last bit of code yourself it will look very similar.

http://www.fapiko.com/raiden/leaked/
Your 'key tester'. Let me guess, your first year of coding that no one knows about was ripping sources?

FrOzeN

Quote from: ImaWh0re on September 23, 2006, 07:09 PM
http://www.fapiko.com/raiden/leaked/
Your 'key tester'. Let me guess, your first year of coding that no one knows about was ripping sources?
Well the link you provided didn't have the source to l2k-Shadow's key tester, so I can't compare. But I did notice that ALL the bots in the folder there used BnetAuth.dll/Hash.dll (except l2uthlessChat.zip but it didn't have the source with it), thus they're vastly outdated. So it is pretty probably that he was on his first year of coding.

Also, how about posting a link to l2k-Shadow's source, then another link to one which you're suggesting he ripped? It's easier to compare that way.
~ FrOzeN

l2k-Shadow

ok? that program is 2 years old, thus I was a beginner coder back then, it was one of my first battle.net projects, and I still don't see how you posting a 2 year old program of mine is suggesting that i rip sources.

TheMinistered

Well, I particularly don't see a problem with copy/paste as long as you know whats going on with the code (i.e. you've written similar code before but too lazy to recreate).  In a scenario you've handled before, I see no problem copying code so long as you understand the code.

As for copying an entire project, etc... thats a big no no I agree.  But certain functions or snippets it MIGHT be ok under some circumstances such as repetative winsock code such as this... I think we've all used the winsock api more times than we can count, who wants to rewrite it YET ANOTHER TIME?

Cat Food

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on September 23, 2006, 10:21 PM
ok? that program is 2 years old, thus I was a beginner coder back then, it was one of my first battle.net projects, and I still don't see how you posting a 2 year old program of mine is suggesting that i rip sources.

http://www.layeredweb.com/~raidenzx/sources/vb/MASS%20Key%20Tester.zip
the source you stole as a whole. woot for connections.

PS: I talked to fleet- about your element 2 comment and he said that he did get the hashing functions from other projects but did all the other packeting himself such as warcraft III clan invitations, friends list, and such.

Edit for Fr0zen. (Sorry didn't see your post until after).
But I did post the source he got it from. And if you've seen the ruthless`ops leaked source, it also appears very leeched. I believe this has been commented some where as well. And I don't have the key tester source, why would I.

---------------
To l2k-shadow:
  Why do you first deny even have MAKING a key tester, then once it pops up you have some other excuse? Are you telling me you can't keep track of the things you make? I find that very hard to believe. Something might slip your mind but not when it is blatently mentioned.

Quote from: TheMinistered on September 23, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well, I particularly don't see a problem with copy/paste as long as you know whats going on with the code (i.e. you've written similar code before but too lazy to recreate).  In a scenario you've handled before, I see no problem copying code so long as you understand the code.

As for copying an entire project, etc... thats a big no no I agree.  But certain functions or snippets it MIGHT be ok under some circumstances such as repetative winsock code such as this... I think we've all used the winsock api more times than we can count, who wants to rewrite it YET ANOTHER TIME?

I never said he had to write his own. But he put his name on it as if he created it. "by l2k-shadow". If say that snippet was used in a large project I see no reason not to put your name on the project itself. But as he put it, is saying he coded it which he did not. I'm sure this isn't the first time he's taken snippets and slapped his name on it either. Just making a point, again.

Mystical

does it really matter who rips, I've seen plenty of people rip countless times.
People rip from each other basicly daily including ideas, sources, what ever it maybe so what?

whats with all the bitching, defence, moanin and cryin about get over it.

|