• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Seems as if Bnet's up to it again

Started by IdIm, September 12, 2006, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hdx

Any bot that reports the correct mpq number to JBLS will be able to login correctly.
And I told UL to send Sky a page to make sure that BNLS works fine. (It should, there wernt any major changes)
Also all local hashing that worked with the old formula should work now.
I think hte main problem is that SB dosen't work cuz Andy is an idiot.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Hero

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on September 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
~-~(HDX)~-~
Ouch.  :o

rabbit

Quote from: heRo on September 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
Quote from: HdxBmx27 on September 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
~-~(HDX)~-~
Ouch.  :o
Eh.  It's true.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Sixen

QuoteAlso all local hashing that worked with the old formula should work now.

My hashing still does not work. But, then again, i'm on ShitBot. StealthBot* =]. God.. Make Andy fix it or we'll have to rape him, :X.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Hdx

He is fixing it, I called him last night, and after school today he will work on the bot and atleast release a new beta. And then sometime soon a new rev.
Now bring all further Sb talk to his forums, not here!
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

UserLoser

Listen up, there is no change.  The only way to fix your clients is to properly parse the MPQ digit number.  BNLS will not need to be upgraded, and that guy on StealthBot probably connected because Battle.net told him to use ver-IX86-6.mpq which was a coincedence like I had already explained.

Mephisto

So please explain how we properly use the new MPQ digit number when it is sent to us?

On RECV_AUTH_INFO I have:
pRead->ExtractData(global->_bnetData._MPQVersionFile);
// ...
global->_bnetData._MPQVersionNumber = (unsigned long)atol((const char*)&global->_bnetData._MPQVersionFile[7]);
// ...
if(global->_bnls)
global->_bnlsConnect->Send_CHOOSENLSREVISION();

(this is referring to my BNLS connection)

Maybe I just over-read the fix in this discussion? sigh...

Edit: Battle.net is still sending me the MPQ filename in the format ver-ix86-#.mpq rather than ix86ver#.mpq.  So if I set the buffer to read the digit at the [9] index it gets the correct number, but still fails the version check.  Meh...

Spilled

Quote from: Mephisto on September 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
So please explain how we properly use the new MPQ digit number when it is sent to us?

On RECV_AUTH_INFO I have:
// ...
global->_bnetData._MPQVersionNumber = (unsigned long)atol((const char*)&global->_bnetData._MPQVersionFile[7]);
// ...
if(global->_bnls)
global->_bnlsConnect->Send_CHOOSENLSREVISION();

(this is referring to my BNLS connection)

Maybe I just over-read the fix in this discussion? sigh...

Edit: Battle.net is still sending me the MPQ filename in the format ver-ix86-#.mpq rather than ix86ver#.mpq.  So if I set the buffer to read the digit at the [9] index it gets the correct number, but still fails the version check.  Meh...

There was no change in the checkRevision... The only change was the mpqFileName... Update your bot to recognize this change and your connection should be successful. I believe the change was (IX86ver0.mpq to IX86-0.mpq or some small change of that sort)

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser on September 13, 2006, 09:06 AM
Listen up, there is no change.  The only way to fix your clients is to properly parse the MPQ digit number.  BNLS will not need to be upgraded, and that guy on StealthBot probably connected because Battle.net told him to use ver-IX86-6.mpq which was a coincedence like I had already explained.

Change or no, I had to update my library because they're using bigger numbers than before and I was getting overflow exceptions.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mephisto

Quote from: Spilled on September 13, 2006, 01:14 PM
There was no change in the checkRevision... The only change was the mpqFileName... Update your bot to recognize this change and your connection should be successful. I believe the change was (IX86ver0.mpq to IX86-0.mpq or some small change of that sort)

cout << Timestamp() << "MPQ Filename: " << global->_bnetData._MPQVersionFile << endl;

The MPQ file name is "ver-IX86-#.mpq" as I receive it from Battle.net, so I do ....
global->_bnetData._MPQVersionNumber = (unsigned long)atol((const char*)&global->_bnetData._MPQVersionFile[9]);
Yet, it seems to fail the version check 60% of the time and pass 40% of the time.

Spilled

vuther.de

I'm getting the right mpq filename, but it still doesn't work.. What else needs to be done?

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Spilled

My vb applications that use bnetauth.dll are working fine but my c++ application needs up to data bncsutil binaries. Anyone have these?

MysT_DooM

Quote from: inner.de on September 13, 2006, 03:28 PM
I'm getting the right mpq filename, but it still doesn't work.. What else needs to be done?

did you parse the number correctly
1)

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

|