• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

IX86ver mpq update?

Started by Ringo, August 22, 2006, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2k-Shadow

edit BNCSUtil if anything
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

topaz

Quote@Topaz:
The work around, Use BNLS/JBLS.
Or update BNCSutil.dll yourself.

That's not a workaround, that's an alternative.
RLY...?

vuther.de

Why won't shadypalm update it himself?

Ringo

Quote from: UserLoser on August 23, 2006, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 23, 2006, 02:18 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on August 23, 2006, 01:30 AM
It's been quite a while, but IIRC, IX86ver?.dll doesn't actually care about your game executable file handle.  Instead of doing GetModuleHandle("Starcraft.exe") it'll do GetModuleHandle(NULL) to get the handle of the parent, as you could say.  Since YourBot.exe would call CheckRevision in IX86ver?.dll, it'll do GetModuleHandle(NULL) returning the handle of YourBot.exe in memory, then performing the checksum functions on that.  This is why directly calling CheckRevision in IX86ver?.dll will not work.  You will need to create a workaround to patch it, use something like VirtualProtect and this could be accomplished.
Ah, thanks. *wishs he knew asm* :(
Iv read up abit about the VirtualProtect() api, and im understanding whats involed, but what would be the best way to work round this?
Im guessing to overwrite the code to just copy the handle to the exe file into the variable, rather than letting it obtain a handle to the parent?

Right.  Replace the call to GetModuleHandle(NULL) to a function stub that you made to properly return the correct value
Ah, thanks, i have alot of home work to do on this, and you have been most helpfull :) t4t.

Aside, what do blizzard benefit by implementing a differnt check revision? is it faster/designed for bigger binarys?
Iv been suspecting for awhile that all this activity on blizzards behalf is for a new client introduction to battle.net servers (D3?). Does the new checkrevision fit this theory?

Hdx

Rhingo I think you're grasping at straws.
Anyways, I am making a work around for local hashing as I type this.
More info later.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Hero

Quote from: inner.de on August 24, 2006, 12:05 AM
Why won't shadypalm update it himself?
Read;
Quote from: shadypalm88 on May 29, 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't intend to further maintain or update the library.

Mystical

Well, I'm sure Eric will be nice enough to atleast update the dll just for this, its not that much of a huge change, and it would be better then someone that you can't really trust to update the dll and release it public..

soo come on eric help the community out one last time! =)

If not, welp, i guess imma need to find the source again :|

EDIT: is it just me or does ringo's lil image really lagg up the screen lol

Hdx

Well here is my work around.
I made a program that will patch the version files so that they work.
http://jbls.org/Downloads/Padder.exe
Pretty stright forward, put the path to the file in the box and hit padd.

It can also be batch executed, from the command line, here are come examples:
padder c:\star\starcraft.exe
padder c:\star\starcraft.exe c:\star\storm.dll c:\star\battle.snp
padder ./d2dv/bnclient.dll ./d2dv/d2client.dll ./d2dv/game.exe

It *seems* to work with all clients but wc3 for some reason.
I would host the working hashes for you guys, but blizz sent me a DMCA yesterday -.-

When issueing form the command line, the files are split up by spaces, so if you have a space in the path, you need to type it in manually in the form

Hey this is the quickest thing I could pull out my bumm sorry.

Also, I got Skull to upload them for me <3 skull so here you go:
W2BN
STAR
D2DV
D2XP

Once again the only ones that arnt working are WC3. I'll look at it in the mornin.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

MyndFyre

Quote from: Ringo on August 24, 2006, 01:09 AM
Aside, what do blizzard benefit by implementing a differnt check revision? is it faster/designed for bigger binarys?
Iv been suspecting for awhile that all this activity on blizzards behalf is for a new client introduction to battle.net servers (D3?). Does the new checkrevision fit this theory?
It prevents valid version checks from being produced when the file has been tampered with.  For instance, if a file's length is 4 modulo 1024, you can screw with 1019 bytes at the end of the file and still come up with a valid version check.  This is no longer the case.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Skywing

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on August 24, 2006, 02:37 AM
Well here is my work around.
I made a program that will patch the version files so that they work.
http://jbls.org/Downloads/Padder.exe
Pretty stright forward, put the path to the file in the box and hit padd.

It can also be batch executed, from the command line, here are come examples:
padder c:\star\starcraft.exe
padder c:\star\starcraft.exe c:\star\storm.dll c:\star\battle.snp
padder ./d2dv/bnclient.dll ./d2dv/d2client.dll ./d2dv/game.exe

It *seems* to work with all clients but wc3 for some reason.
I would host the working hashes for you guys, but blizz sent me a DMCA yesterday -.-

When issueing form the command line, the files are split up by spaces, so if you have a space in the path, you need to type it in manually in the form

Hey this is the quickest thing I could pull out my bumm sorry.

Also, I got Skull to upload them for me <3 skull so here you go:
W2BN
STAR
D2DV
D2XP

Once again the only ones that arnt working are WC3. I'll look at it in the mornin.
~-~(HDX)~-~

It doesn't work for Warcraft III because War3.exe requires padding, and after padding it you are sending the wrong filesize in the exeinfo string.

ShaDoWDeM

hmm quite along time since ive seen that name :)

Sky, what are you like 18 or 19 now?
because last time when I was on bnet you were like 14

Hdx

Quote from: Skywing on August 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
It doesn't work for Warcraft III because War3.exe requires padding, and after padding it you are sending the wrong filesize in the exeinfo string.
Thanks for pointing that out, I looked at it this mornin before I get on the forum.
War3.exe is the only exe that needed to be patched.
So it seems that you are correct, again -.-
This was just a work around to get inner to shutup and stop messaging me to fix bnetauth for him.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

vuther.de

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on August 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
This was just a work around to get inner to shutup and stop messaging me to fix bnetauth for him.
~-~(HDX)~-~
Someone's gotta do it that knows C/C++.

Yegg

Quote from: inner.de on August 24, 2006, 01:49 PM
Quote from: HdxBmx27 on August 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
~-~(HDX)~-~
Someone's gotta do it that knows C/C++.

Which is why you should learn C/C++. You should never become dependent on others like that.

BaDaSs

I chatted with Eric yesterday about updating BNCSutil, and after a few moments of pleading, he agreed to make BNCSutil 1.2.1 (or 1.3?)
I wouldn't expect it too soon as he doesn't really give a shit ;-p
Network One
Aegis - http://opn1.net/Aegis

|