IX86ver mpq update?

Started by Ringo, August 22, 2006, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hdx

Maby its jsut cuz its 4AM
But I can't seem to get it working >.<
http://jbls.org/CheckRevision.java
Any pointers.
I'll come back to it in the morning after some well needed sleep.
Btw <3 Skywing/Myndfry.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Joe[x86]

Dearest Ringo: Check your build number. I bet you anything it's changing, and altering the checksum.

EDIT -
Oh, I thought you were recompiling your bot. My bad.

If anyone would release a C++/Java snippet for opening MoPaQ files, that'd be really cool! I could port it to C# for possible inclusion in MBNCSUtil, if MyndFyre wills.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

vuther.de

Anyone know where yobguls is? I need him to update bnetauth.dll for me ;)

I hardly doubt he even still has the source to it.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15572.msg157060#msg157060 date=1156342822]
Dearest Ringo: Check your build number. I bet you anything it's changing, and altering the checksum.

EDIT -
Oh, I thought you were recompiling your bot. My bad.

If anyone would release a C++/Java snippet for opening MoPaQ files, that'd be really cool! I could port it to C# for possible inclusion in MBNCSUtil, if MyndFyre wills.
I already have C# for MPQ files, Joe.  It's just a matter of incorporating it into MBNCSUtil.  I didn't put it in this release because it was a maintenance release.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Quote from: inner.de on August 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Anyone know where yobguls is? I need him to update bnetauth.dll for me ;)

I hardly doubt he even still has the source to it.

About time for that library to become useless and let people move on to much better things!

vuther.de

IIRC, Binary is making BNRHS with BNCSUtil atm.

Joe[x86]

Could you PM me a link, Myndy?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15572.msg157073#msg157073 date=1156363090]
Could you PM me a link, Myndy?
You already have stuff for it.  Reference JinxBot.WoW.dll (rename .dll.jbp to just .dll), and check out the JinxBot.WoW.Data.Mpq namespace.  Classes of interest are MpqArchive and MpqFileStream.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Quote from: Ringo on August 23, 2006, 02:18 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on August 23, 2006, 01:30 AM
It's been quite a while, but IIRC, IX86ver?.dll doesn't actually care about your game executable file handle.  Instead of doing GetModuleHandle("Starcraft.exe") it'll do GetModuleHandle(NULL) to get the handle of the parent, as you could say.  Since YourBot.exe would call CheckRevision in IX86ver?.dll, it'll do GetModuleHandle(NULL) returning the handle of YourBot.exe in memory, then performing the checksum functions on that.  This is why directly calling CheckRevision in IX86ver?.dll will not work.  You will need to create a workaround to patch it, use something like VirtualProtect and this could be accomplished.
Ah, thanks. *wishs he knew asm* :(
Iv read up abit about the VirtualProtect() api, and im understanding whats involed, but what would be the best way to work round this?
Im guessing to overwrite the code to just copy the handle to the exe file into the variable, rather than letting it obtain a handle to the parent?

Right.  Replace the call to GetModuleHandle(NULL) to a function stub that you made to properly return the correct value

Joe[x86]

Now to get my hands on a copy of ix86ver0.mpq!

iago

FYI, hdx's problem is resolved.  His test data was screwed up, his code worked all along.  Will you all join me in a laugh? :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

topaz

So, uh... what would need to be done to work around this?
RLY...?

Hdx

Quote from: iago on August 23, 2006, 09:41 PM
FYI, hdx's problem is resolved.  His test data was screwed up, his code worked all along.  Will you all join me in a laugh? :)
I sent it + the packet log to 4 people.
The only one smart enuf to double check it was Mynd.
Yes everyone laugh at me.
JBLS.org is now updated to reflect the new CRev fucntion.

I am sorry for waisint gall your guy's time. But as you know, I do not have an eye for the details -.-

@Topaz:
The work around, Use BNLS/JBLS.
Or update BNCSutil.dll yourself.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Newby

People still actively develop for Battle.net? Crazy!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

vuther.de

Anyone up for editing bnetauth.dll? I have the source.

|