• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Ip bans

Started by -Drew-, August 21, 2006, 01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
I've had a week IPban, that would be saying a website in a public channel, but permantly IPban i doubt thats possible...
They are very strict on giving ip bans when you're spamming for a website. Doing things like logging in incorrectly probably won't ever earn you a perm ban but spamming can.

UserLoser

Sorry to bump this, but I recommend nobody ever sending SID_AUTH_CHECK under Warcraft III w/o a CDKey hash.  Double check your code to make sure you wrote the actual code to insert the data after you finished writing your decode/hashing functions :)

As a result, I've been banned since April 13 from USWest.  Almost two weeks (today is April 26), we'll see if this ban clears tomorrow.

Anyone else have any unusually long bans?

Ribose

Yea, messing up SID_AUTH_CHECK in any way gets you mega-banned. I had to use proxies for awhile (someone recommended SocksChain, which was nice, and I added proxy support to Felbot in that time...) after I messed it up once.
~Ribose

Pyro

Yea, I've been IP banned five different times, each for two weeks, on account of this packet. >_>

Barabajagal

I think it's prolly happened to everyone once, but what are you gonna do: ask Blizzard to lessen the ban, please?

Kayla

Invalid cd keys are 2 week ip bans.

It no longer increases your ip ban if you try to connect while ip banned.

Ringo

Quote from: Kayla on May 07, 2008, 11:56 AM
It no longer increases your ip ban if you try to connect while ip banned.
It never did, at least, not in the past 5 years :p

Kayla

Yes it did.  They changed it about 7 months ago.  If you just kept repeatedly connecting while IP banned it would extend it.

Ringo

Quote from: Kayla on May 07, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yes it did.  They changed it about 7 months ago.  If you just kept repeatedly connecting while IP banned it would extend it.
Dunno where you get this infomation from, I have had bots attempt to connect every few seconds why IP banned, for years, and they have always been unip'ed exacly when they were sposed to.  :-\

Barabajagal

Quote from: Ringo on May 07, 2008, 05:42 PM
Dunno where you get this infomation from, I have had bots attempt to connect every few seconds why IP banned, for years, and they have always been unip'ed exacly when they were sposed to.  :-\
/signed

iNsaNe

invalid cd key ip bans last 2 weeks