• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Ip bans

Started by -Drew-, August 21, 2006, 01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Drew-

Haven't done bnet for a long while so i'm not sure if things have changed. The other day i was messing around with 0x51 and kept getting an invalid cdkey. after a few trys i was ip banned and figured it would lift after a short period of time. well that short period of time is 2 days and counting. has bnet changed its ipbanning? if so does anyone know the lengths?
also... after not being able to logon, i decided to throw together socks4 real quick into the bot and proxy my way to bnet. but no such luck... all of the pvpgn servers worked fine with proxies but not bnet, aftering sending the initial packets, nothing is returned. I even tried using sockscap but produced the same result.

any info would be great.

thanks..

MyndFyre

Battle.net IP-bans are believed to become progressively worse.  Your first IP ban might be for a few hours, then a day, then multiple days.  If you have been IP-banned before, then you're probably invoking the same behavior now.

As for the renegade proxy info - that could mean you're just fucking up.  Check your packet logs against real-client logs.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

-Drew-

i guess i'll wait out the ban then.

everything checks out, to what i can see. i know that pvpgn arent credible sources to test on but lik i said everything gets sent correctly to those servers through a proxy. was just curious if bnet blocks ip's with open 1080 ports..

Jman

It's possible (though unlikely imo) that you have a perm IP ban.
Battle.net accepts ips with open 1080 ports so something else is going wrong.

rabbit

Quote from: -Drew- on August 21, 2006, 02:11 AM
i guess i'll wait out the ban then.

everything checks out, to what i can see. i know that pvpgn arent credible sources to test on but lik i said everything gets sent correctly to those servers through a proxy. was just curious if bnet blocks ip's with open 1080 ports..
You could always try using TestBNCS.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MysT_DooM

ipbans for invalid key checks are 2 days now
plus if you get ipbanned on 1 server all connections to that server also drop.
ex) Bot 1 , 2, 3 are connected to USEAST, Bot 4 comes along and gets ipbanned weather on a invalid key check or some other reason, bot 1 2 3 all drop also.

some people have said that if you get ipd on one server all ur other connections on other servers also drop. however ive tested this and it doesnt hold true.

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Mystical

Quote from: MysT_DooM on August 21, 2006, 10:18 AM
ipbans for invalid key checks are 2 days now
plus if you get ipbanned on 1 server all connections to that server also drop.
ex) Bot 1 , 2, 3 are connected to USEAST, Bot 4 comes along and gets ipbanned weather on a invalid key check or some other reason, bot 1 2 3 all drop also.

some people have said that if you get ipd on one server all ur other connections on other servers also drop. however ive tested this and it doesnt hold true.

Wrong, I get IPbanned daily, my channel mod is still there to hold the channel.. IPbans also don't last that long, Invaild key, maybe 5 minutes, I could see maybe if you were being stupid and running a massive key tester with out proxys & invaild keys... then yea maybe a day, the longest experince i've had from an IPban would be from saying a website in a public channel, I got a week IPban BUT yet stilll didn't drop none of my other connections to battle.net :P

raylu

They implemented that a whlie ago and dropping of all connections is fairly recent.

I've been told that a Blizzard representative said that IPbans last from 30 seconds to 48 hours; I've also been told that this is not true, but meh.
Pie?

MysT_DooM

ummm, ive tested this many times, and invalid key checks are 2days, b4 this new ipban it was 1 hour not 5 mins...

and getting ip'd also drops ur other connections on the same server, just tested that..

some1 else verify also so my statements hold more truth!

edit: mystical you might've beeen mistaken, we're talking about the NEW ip bans that bnet has put into affect, not the old ones

edit#2: due to bnet changing back & forth lately seems like delays are changing sporadicly at different times. some get 10 mins some get  2days. but as of right now and time of post it still holds true.

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Mystical

uh just ipbanned myself on east.. nothing got disconnected.... maybe bnet is holding a grudge against you sorry!

rabbit

Maybe particular IP bans drop?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Mystical

not bad, but that forum discussion was just a battle.net user and not from an offical battle.net repesenitive. =\

Jman

It's possible to get IP ban's that last for over a week. I believe they also do perm IP bans.

Mystical

I've had a week IPban, that would be saying a website in a public channel, but permantly IPban i doubt thats possible...